EQUINIX (EQIX) Stocks
? Equinix Inc. is a leading company that uses network connectivity and data centers to connect businesses, employees, clients and partners around the globe. The company offers services to content providers, mobile and other bandwidth providers, cloud and information technology, financial companies, as well as enterprises.
Equinix uses its global platform to connect more than 50 markets on 5 continents. With more than 200 data centers across Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Seattle and Silicon Valley.
An estimated 9 800 companies are connected with more than 333 000 interconnections. The company serves more than 1 800 network providers and an estimated 2 500 cloud IT providers. Equinix’s headquarters is in Redwood City, California. The company has an estimated 8 000 employees.
You might also like: MICRON TECHNOLOGY STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF EQUINIX
- Equinix is founded in 1998 by Jay Adelson an Al Avery. In 2002 the company merges with i-STT, an Internet infrastructure service subsidiary of both Pihana Pacific and Singapore Technologies Telemedia.
- Two years later Equinix signs Sony and Sprint as clients. These contracts expand the company’s portfolio to 15 data centers.
- In 2006 Equinix buys the Ashburn Campus in the Washington, D.C. area. The company purchases IX Europe and it is now possible to expand into France, the Netherlands, Germany, the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
- By 2008 Equinix has 41 data centers. In 2010 Equinix acquires Switch and Data for a price of US Dollar 683.4 million.
- Amazon Web Services becomes a customer in 2012. The same year the company expands into Jakarta and Dubai. The next 4 years sees Equinix acquiring more businesses and expanding into other countries.
VISION & VALUES OF EQUINIX
- Equinix is built on values of integrity, trust and innovation. The company’s purpose is to connect and empower the digital world and its dream is to produce positive opportunities.
- Data centers are designed and created to minimize carbon and environmental footprints.
- This environmental commitment gathers much approval and recognition from industry and governmental entities. The Equinix Impact Program gives back to the communities from which they operate through grants and matching gifts, as well as volunteer efforts.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EQUINIX
- Equinix Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol EQIX.
- Quarterly cash dividends on Equinix’s common stock are paid to its shareholders. Analysis for the first quarter of 2019 shows revenues of US Dollar 1,363 billion. Cash gross profit is US Dollar 915 million. Adjusted EBITDA is US Dollar 660 million and net income is US Dollar 118 million. Adjusted funds from operations are US Dollar 488 million.
You might also like: METLIFE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS EQUINIX
Buy EQUINIX stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase EQUINIX Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy EQUINIX Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN EQUINIX STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE EQUINIX STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of EQUINIX stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy EQUINIX stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MARSH & McLENNAN STOCKS