EMERSON ELECTRIC (EMR) Stocks
ABOUT EMERSON ELECTRIC
Emerson Electric Co., a multinational engineering corporation, was founded in 1890, and has its headquarters in Ferguson, Missouri, in the United States. The company offers engineering services and manufactures related products for industrial, commercial and consumer markets.
company was originally established in St. Louis, Missouri, as Emerson Electric Manufacturing Co. by John Wesley Emerson, a Cival War Union Veteran, to manufacture electric motors. In 1892, it became the first to market electric fans in the U.S. Its product line expanded to include sewing machines, electric dental drills, and power tools.
Through its decades of technology and engineering expertise, Emerson continues to solve the world’s most complex challenges through its innovative products.
The company is a leader in assisting process and discrete manufacturers to automate and optimize productions processes through cutting-edge technologies. The company has approximately 205 manufacturing locations worldwide.
Today, the company employs approximately 76 500 employees across its operations.
You might also like: EDWARDS LIFESCIENCES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF EMERSON ELECTRIC
- Emerson Electric Co. conducts its business via four segments, based on the nature of the products and services. These segments include: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Climate Technologies and Commercial & Residential Solutions.
- The company’s production portfolio include metal stamping, electronics assembly, forming, welding, plating, casting, machining, heat treating, painting and assembly. Emerson also conducts specialized production operations such as automated handling and storage, automatic and semiautomatic testing, ferrous and nonferrous machining, and special furnaces for heat treating and foundry applications.
- The Process Management division offers measurement, control and diagnostic technologies for automated industrial processes to produce products such as fuels, chemicals, foods, medicines and power. Its clients have access to technology, engineering, project management and consulting services that focus on precision measurement, control, monitoring, and asset optimization of oil and gas reservoirs and processing/treatment plants. Its markets include chemicals and power generation, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, pulp and paper, metals and mining and municipal water supplies.
- The company provides measurement technologies such as Coriolis direct mass flow, magnetic flow, vortex flow, ultrasonic flow, differential pressure, ultra-low flow fluid measurement, temperature sensors, radar-based tank gauging and magnetic level gauging. These measurement products are used in custody transfer applications such as the transfer of gasoline from a storage tank to a tanker truck, for example.
- Emerson’s Industrial Automation segment offers products such as fluid controls, electrical distribution devices, materials joining equipment and hermetic motors.
- Climate Technologies offers products and services for the whole spectrum of the climate control industry, such as heating and cooling, commercial air conditioning, and commercial and industrial refrigeration.
- The Commercial & Residential Solutions division comprises of tools for homeowners and professionals, storage products and appliance solutions. Its pipe-working tools are used by plumbing and mechanical professionals to repair and install piping segments.
VALUES OF EMERSON ELECTRIC
- Emerson Electric’s core values are contained in its brand promise, namely to create long-term value for its shareholders, customers and employees through a passionate commitment to excellence and disciplined management.
- The company’s operations are conducted in a well-managed, results-oriented and engineering driven manner. All activities are rooted in a passion for progress and a commitment to excellence. Through discipline and vision, the company is able to focus on adding value for its shareholders whilst navigating the challenges of a changing economic and industry environment.
- The company values all people and their contributions and promotes diversity, inclusivity and innovation.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EMERSON ELECTRIC
- Emerson Electric Co. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “EMR”.
- The company’s steady financial performance boosts investor confidence.
- In 2018, it recorded revenue of US$17.41 billion, gross income of US$7.24 billion, and net income of US$2.2 billion. These figures afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: ECOLAB STOCKS
LATEST NEWS EMERSON ELECTRIC
Buy EMERSON ELECTRIC stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase EMERSON ELECTRIC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy EMERSON ELECTRIC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN EMERSON ELECTRIC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE EMERSON ELECTRIC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of EMERSON ELECTRIC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy EMERSON ELECTRIC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : EATON PLC STOCKS