EMCOR (EME) Stocks
? EMCOR Group, Inc., a global specialty construction and facilities services company, was founded in 1995 and has its headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut in the United States. The company installs and maintains electrical, mechanical, and plumbing communications, as well as a host of other systems for commercial, industrial, utility and institutional customers.
The company was established due to the bankruptcy of JWP, Inc. (formerly Jamaica Water Properties Inc.). EMCOR Group, Inc. grew exponentially through the acquisition of numerous companies that enabled it to branch out into new geographical areas and enter new markets.
The company is the parent to more than 70 subsidiaries through which it conducts its operations. Its strong financial position affords it the ability to attract and retain the best talent, and to engage in innovative projects that redefines the future of the industry.
Some of its acquisitions include Consolidated Engineering Services Inc. and 19 companies from Comfort Systems USA in 2002, Fluidics, Inc. and S.A. Comunale, Inc. in 2005 and Ohmstede Ltd. in 2007.
Today, the company employs more than 33 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF EMCOR
- EMCOR Group, Inc. – through its subsidiaries – operates from approximately 170 locations worldwide. It was listed #368 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list.
The company conducts its operations through five primary business units: EMCOR Construction Services, EMCOR Building Services, EMCOR Industrial Services, EMCOR Government Services and EMCOR Facilities Services.
- It is involved in numerous projects. Some of these include the B2 Rocket Test Stand at the John. C. Stennis Space Center; the Cayuga Milk Ingredients Manufacturing Facility in Auburn, New York; the Chobani Yogurt Plant in Twin Falls, Idaho; the Herbert Hoover Dike in Okeechobee and Palm Beach Counties, and the Electrical Generator Plant in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- EMCOR revitalizes new structures and sustains life in existing ones through the planning, installing, operating, maintaining and protection of dynamic systems that create facility environments.
- These include electrical, mechanical, lighting, air-conditioning, heating, security, fire protection and power-generation systems in most of the sectors of the economy.
VISION & VALUES OF EMCOR
- EMCOR uses its values as a guideline to ensure its activities are always aligned with company principles. It puts a high premium on delivering superior products and excellent services to its clientele. EMCOR Group, Inc. executes all of its operations with precision, efficiency, competence and professionalism.
- It believes in open communication and transparency and in sharing information to facilitate open dialogue. The company further promotes teamwork as, by working together, its full potential is unleashed to achieve exceptional results for customers and shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EMCOR
- EMCOR Group, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “EME”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- For the second quarter 2019, the company reported revenue of USUS Dollar 2.32 billion, which is a 19% increase year-over-year. Diluted EPS from continuing operations was USUS Dollar 1.49, a 23.1% increase year-over-year.