ELI LILLY (LLY) Stocks
ABOUT ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
Lilly is an American pharmaceutical company which was founded in 1876 by Colonel Eli Lilly. Colonel Eli Lilly was committed to creating high-quality medicines that met real world needs. The company is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana and has offices situated in 18 countries across the globe. Lilly products are sold in approximately 125 countries worldwide with notable achievements including being the first company to mass-produce the polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk.
OVERVIEW OF ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
- Lilly was founded on May 10, 1876.
- Lilly has an established heritage of 145 years.
- Headquarters located in Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
- The company employs over 34,000 individuals worldwide.
- Approximately 8,000 employees are actively engaged in research and development.
- Clinical research is conducted in more than 55 countries worldwide.
- Research and development facilities are located in 7 countries globally.
- Manufacturing plants are located in 7 countries globally.
- Lilly products are marketed in 120 countries worldwide.
VISION & VALUES OF ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
- To keep looking for the next great discovery and find new ways to make life better for people across the globe.
- To earn and maintain the trust of their customers by acting ethically and responsibly.
- To set high standards for their products, operations and performance respectively.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
- Eli Lilly and Company trades on NASDAQ and lists under the stock symbol LLY.
- Based on 8 analystsoffering recommendations for LLY, LLY stocks are seen as a Strong Buy.
- Based on analystsoffering price targets for LLY, The average price target is $280.82 with a high estimate of $300 and a low estimate of $250.
LATEST NEWS ELI LILLY AND COMPANY
Buy ELI LILLY AND COMPANY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ELI LILLY AND COMPANY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ELI LILLY AND COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized. Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ELI LILLY AND COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ELI LILLY AND COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ELI LILLY AND COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ELI LILLY AND COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?