ELDORADO GOLD (EGO) Stocks
ABOUT ELDORADO GOLD
? Eldorado Gold Corporation, a Canadian mid-tier gold and base-metals producer, was incorporated in 1996 and has its headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia. The company is involved in all facets of gold-mining – exploration, development, production and reclamation. The company was founded in 1992 but amalgamated as Eldorado Gold Corporation in 1996.
Although headquartered in Canada, Eldorado Gold operates in five countries. It runs as a decentralized business unit, with most of the employees and management being nationals of the country where the specific office is located.
The company owns assets in Canada, Turkey, Greece, Romania, Brazil and Serbia.
Eldorado Gold conducts its operations through a number of subsidiaries. These include Hellas Gold (Greece), Thrace Minerals (Greece), Thracean Gold Mining (Greece) and Tuprag (Turkey). Today, Eldorado Gold Corporation employs approximately 4 300 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF ELDORADO GOLD
- Eldorado Gold Corporation has more than 25 years of experience in building and operating mines globally. It is dedicated to responsible operations and upholds the highest environmental standards.
- At the end of September, 2018, the company had proven and probable gold reserves of about 28.7 million ounces. Eldorado produced just more than 349,000 ounces of Au in 2018 at an average operating cost of US Dollar 625 per ounce. Its 2019 production prediction is between 390,000 and 420,000 ounces of gold at cash operating costs of between US Dollar 550 to -600 per ounce.
- The company is busy with various development projects in a number of countries. It operates two gold mines in western Turkey: Efemcukuru and Kisladag. These two mines collectively produced approximately 268,000 ounces of gold in 2018.
- It also operates two mines in Chalkidiki, northern Greece, namely Stratoni (an underground silver/lead/zinc mine) and Olympiada (underground gold/silver/lead/zinc mine. Its mine in northern Brazil, Amapá, is currently on care and maintenance pending recovery in iron-ore prices.
- The company also runs a development project in central Romania: Certej, an epithermal gold-silver deposit in the Apuseni Mountains.
VISION & VALUES OF ELDORADO GOLD
- The company upholds strong values such as honesty, integrity and transparency in all of its operations. It also stays accountable for all its business decisions and actions, and acts with respect towards employees, clients and stakeholders.
- Eldorado Gold ascribes its success to its commitment to quality assets, responsible capital allocation, its skilled workforce and safe operations.
- This sound business model adds value to the communities in which it operates, as well to shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ELDORADO GOLD
- Eldorado Gold Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “EGO”. It also trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the stock symbol “ELD”.
- For fiscal 2018, the company produced 349,147 ounces of gold at sustaining costs of about US Dollar 990 per ounce. Eldorado generated total revenue of USUS Dollar 459.0 million. Its total assets were valued at USUS Dollar 4.629 billion.
- The corporation’s steadfast position in the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.