ECOLAB (ECL) Stocks
? Ecolab Inc., a global provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, was founded in 1923 as the Economics Laboratory by Merritt J. Osborn. The company was renamed “Ecolab” in 1986 and is headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, in the United States.
The company offers cleaning and sanitizing programs and products, pest elimination services, and equipment maintenance and repair services to customers in the food services, food and beverage processing, hospitality, health care, retail, textile care, and government and education markets. It also offers commercial facilities management services to clients in more than 170 countries. Ecolab’s products and services assist companies across the globe to keep their environment safe and hygienic, operate efficiently, and achieve their sustainability goals.
The company is structured into a number of geographical divisions: North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, Greater China, Latin America and South Africa. Ecolab’s food safety services offer consulting to restaurants, food retailers, hospitals and food and beverage manufacturing facilities. The company also supplies chemicals that reduce pathogens – such as E.coli and salmonella – to beef and poultry processors.
Ecolab’s specialty operating unit supplies cleaning and sanitizing chemical products to regional, national and international quick-service restaurant (QSR) chains and food retailers. Products available for purchase include sanitizers, degreasers, hard-surface cleaners, polishes, hand-care products, and assorted cleaning tools and equipment. The latter is distributed under the Ecolab and Kay brand names.
Today, the company employs approximately 49 000 people across its various operations.
OVERVIEW OF ECOLAB
- Ecolab Inc. operates through a number of business segments, namely Global Industrial, Global Institutional, Global Energy, Other and Corporate. The company’s products and technologies are used in pollution control, water treatment, energy conservation, oil production and refining, papermaking, steelmaking, mining and other industrial processes.
- Global Industrial is divided into water, food and beverage, and paper and textile care operating units. It offers water treatment and process applications, as well as cleaning and sanitizing solutions, to customers in the manufacturing, food and beverage processing, chemical, mining and primary metals, power generation, pulp and paper, and laundry industries. The Global Institutional segment comprises of the Institutional, Specialty and Healtcare operating units. This segment focusses on specialized cleaning and sanitizing products to the food-service, hospitality, lodging, healthcare, government and retail industries.
- Global Energy operates under the Nalco Champion brand name, and serves the process chemicals and water-treatment needs of petroleum and petrochemical industries – in both upstream and downstream applications – worldwide. Customers include national and independent oil companies.
- Other and Corporate comprise of the Pest Elimination operating unit. The latter provides pest elimination and kitchen repair and maintenance services. Ecolab Inc. operates in the U.S., countries in Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Latin America, France, the United Kingdom, Greater China, Mexico and South Africa, to name but a few.
VALUES OF ECOLAB
- Ecolab Inc. is united by its powerful objective of making the world cleaner, safer and healthier for everyone who lives in it. The company works with purpose to reach it goals. It strives at all times to do what is right, fair and honest, and operates safely and carefully.
- Ecolab Inc. believes that teams are strengthened by diverse perspectives. It takes action together. It also believes that, in working together, it is able to change lives and serve the greater good.
- The company sees its contribution to the world as providing the assurance that life can be lived fully. It helps its customers succeed and reduce risk and worry, which offer them the opportunity to grow. Ecolab’s operations are guided by core values such as respect, integrity, responsibility and accountability.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ECOLAB
- Ecolab Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “ECL”.
- In 2018, the company recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 14.668.200 billion, gross profit of USUS Dollar 6.051.600 billion and net income of USUS Dollar 1.429.100 billion.
- These sound financials give shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS BROADCOM
Buy ECOLAB stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ECOLAB Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ECOLAB Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ECOLAB STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ECOLAB STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ECOLAB stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ECOLAB stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?