DRAX GROUP PLC (DRX) Shares
ABOUT DRAX GROUP PLC
Drax Group plc is a power generation company.
Its portfolio includes several upstream and downstream operations such as Drax Power Limited (the largest biomass-fuelled power station in Europe), Haven Power, Drax Biomass, B2B Energy, Cruachan Power Station, Opus Energy and others.
These operations include compressed wood pellet production used for electricity generation, renewable electricity generation as well as gas, coal and hydro technologies.
Drax Group plc is a FTSE 250 Index constituent. The company employs approximately 2 600 people and is headquartered in Drax, North Yorkshire, England.
OVERVIEW OF DRAX GROUP PLC
- In 1967 the Drax Power Station is built by the Central Electricity Generating Board for its coal purposes after the Shelby coalfield is discovered. It is the United Kingdom’s most advanced coal-fired power station and starts generating electricity in 1974.
- It is capable to supply electricity to approximately 2 million homes.
- By 1986 the power station has doubled in size and is the United Kingdom’s largest power station. It is the first to invest in retrofitted flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) equipment in 1988 and it later becomes the cleanest coal-fired power station in the country.
- National Power buys Drax Power Station in 1990.
- In 1999 the United States company, AES Corporation, buys Drax for a price of £ 1.87 billion.
- Drax becomes a controlled company by various financial institutions in 2003 and adds more renewable energy, biomass, to its portfolio as an alternative to coal. In 2004 the company, now Drax Group plc, lists on the London Stock Exchange.
- During the next couple of years, Drax purchases several companies and expands its portfolio considerably.
VISION & VALUES OF DRAX GROUP PLC
Drax Group plc aims to make a positive impact on its employees, environment and communities in which it operates.
The company values its employees, shareholders and customers. It acts with integrity and ethical standards, supplying quality, value added services.
Drax is committed to supporting its surrounding communities and contributes to local educational and environmental activities.
Several charities and organizations also benefit from the company’s support. Drax encourage and implement better forest management, sustainability and overall environmental awareness.
The company minimizes its carbon footprint in its facilities and operates cautiously when it comes to natural resources and the conservation of the planet.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DRAX GROUP PLC
Drax Group plc trades on the Financial Times Stock Exchange under the FTSE stock symbol “DRX”.
Data analysis for the company’s half year results for the six months ending 30 June 2019 reports an adjusted EBITDA of £ 138 million, an increase of 35 percent.
Net cash from operating activities are £ 197 million. Net debt is £ 924 million and operating profit is £ 34 million.
Interim dividends are 6.4 pence per share, an increase of 12.5 percent. Total dividends paid are £ 25 million. Adjusted basic earnings are 2 pence per share.
Buy DRAX GROUP PLC stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase DRAX GROUP PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy DRAX GROUP PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN DRAX GROUP PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE DRAX GROUP PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of DRAX GROUP PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy DRAX GROUP PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?