DOLLARAMA (DOL) Stocks
Dollarama Inc. is a Canada-based holding company operating a chain of retail dollar stores with its headquarters in Montreal. Since 2009, it has been Canada’s second largest retailer of items for four dollars or less.
Dollarama has stores basically in every province of Canada – the most in Ontario. The company was formerly known as Dollarama Capital Corporation and changed its name to Dollarama Inc. in 2009.
The first all-dollar store was founded in Montreal in 1910 by Lebanese immigrant Salim Rassy in Matane, Quebec. Over the next decades it grew to become a household name and shopping destination for Canadians. Rassy later became Rossy.
Today it is a recognised Canadian value retailer led by Neil Rossy, fourth-generation retailer and member of Dollarama’s founding management team. It provides customers with a consistent shopping experience and compelling value, offering an assortment of general merchandise, consumables and seasonal items.
OVERVIEW OF DOLLARAMA
- Dollarama Inc. provides general merchandise through discount retail stores. The stores offer a wide range of consumer products ranging from hammers to gift bags to candy priced for two dollars or less.
- It has about 8,440 full time employees and operates a chain of 1,250 stores that offer general merchandise, consumables, and seasonal items including private label and nationally branded products.
- Stores are corporately owned and operated and conveniently located in metropolitan areas, mid-sized cities and small towns.
- Its stores have an average area of approximately 9,942 square feet and merchandise is sold in individual or multiple units. The company also offers products online.
VISION AND VALUES OF DOLLARAMA
- Dollarama Inc. is committed to serving the best interests of shareholders. They seek to enhance shareholder value not only through solid financial performance and sound business practices, but also through responsible and effective communication.
- The company acts according to a simple mission statement: to always provide all customers with compelling value. Their goal is to exceed customer expectations through the quality and variety of products they offer at select, low fixed price points.
- Dollarama Inc. adheres to its value chain to ensure the organisation reaches its goals set to meet the current and future needs of customers and maximises returns, income growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DOLLARAMA
Dollarama Inc.’s shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the stock symbol DOL listed in the Retail sector.
Highlights of the company’s recent performance as in 2019 financial reports include sales that increased by 9.0% to US Dollar 946.4 million; comparable store sales grew 4.7%, over and above a 2.6% growth the previous year; gross margin was 43.7% of sales, compared to 45.0% of sales; EBITDA grew 3.5% to US Dollar 281.6 million, or 29.8% of sales, compared to 31.3% of sales; operating income grew 2.7% to US Dollar 221.6 million, or 23.4% of sales, compared to 24.9%of sales; and diluted net earnings per common share increased by 7.1%, to US Dollar 0.45 from US Dollar 0.42.
Due to Dollarama Inc.’s continued performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy DOLLARAMA stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase DOLLARAMA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy DOLLARAMA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN DOLLARAMA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE DOLLARAMA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of DOLLARAMA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy DOLLARAMA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?