DISH Network Stocks
DISH NETWORK (DISH) Stocks
ABOUT DISH NETWORK
DISH Network Corporation Class A is a connectivity company. DISH Network operates through its subsidiaries, DISH TV and Sling TV. The company’s portfolio offers high quality television entertainment to more than 12 million subscribers globally, providing more international channels than others in the industry.
The company provides award-winning HD and DVR technology, advanced equipment and in-home installation. DISH Network’s innovations include Tailgater and Whole-Home HD DVR. Tailgater is a light, portable satellite that is used for camping and other outdoor events.
Whole-Home HD DVR offers live and recorded programs for computers, tablets and smartphones.
DISH Network is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado. And employs more than 16 000 people in the United States. It is an S&P 500 Index component and a Fortune 250 company.
HISTORY OF DISH NETWORK
- Jim DeFranco, Charlie Ergen and Candy Ergen founds a satellite television equipment company, named EchoStar, in the 1980’s.
- In 1996 EchoStar starts DISH Network as a consumer brand for subscription television services.
- In 2008 EchoStar spins off DISH Network into a separate company and is renamed DISH Network Corporation. Since then the company purchases companies in or near bankruptcy with a combined value of $3 billion. In 2011 DISH Network buys Blockbuster, Inc. for a price of $322 million. The company uses Blockbuster, Inc. to offer subscribers movies 28 days before other companies such as Netflix.
- By 2016 DISH Network offers its services to approximately 580 000 broadband and 13.7 million television users.
- In 2019 DISH Network announces it would buy Sprint Corporation’s prepaid business for a price of $1.4 billion. The company will also buy its entire 800MHz spectrum portfolio for a price of 3.6 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF DISH NETWORK
- DISH Network Corporation provides value to shareholders, quality services and low prices to customers and being socially and environmentally responsible.
With DISH Cares, the company supports and contributes to communities from which it operates, and areas hit by natural disasters. DISH and its customers provide fresh food to local food banks. The company donates $1 to the cause for each customer that make use of its DISH AutoPay service.
- DISH uses its programs and alternative fuel vehicles to reduce overall fuel consumption. Up to 7 percent fuel is reduced per vehicle. The company is using an environmentally friendly packaging process that reduces waste by 3 million pounds a year.
- During 2018 DISH Networks has won several awards. It is ranked #1 by JD Power’s Customer Satisfaction for Cost of Service, Customer Service, Performance and Reliability as well as billing experience. Temkin Experience Ratings names the company Industry Leader in TV/Internet Service Industry. CE Pro BEST Awards names its Residential Systems Best of Show for its Hopper 3 with Google Assistant Integration.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DISH NETWORK
- DISH Network Corporation Class A trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “DISH”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 32,284,116 thousand.
- Total revenue is $ 3,211,312 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 1,901,064 thousand and total costs and expenses are $ 2,780,580 thousand.