DANA (DAN) Stocks
Dana Incorporated is a supplier of power-conveyance and energy management solutions. It serves the automobile and machinery industries in more than 33 countries across 6 continents including India, Asia, Mexico, the United States, Italy and India.
The company’s portfolio includes sealing, digital solutions, drive shafts, axles, thermal and transmissions.
Dana Incorporated is headquartered Maumee, Ohio. The company employs 36 000 people in its facilities across the globe.
HISTORY OF DANA
- In 1904 the company is founded in Plainfield, New Jersey by Clarence Spicer and is named C.W. Spicer. It supplies u-joints to Corbin Motor Company in Connecticut. Olds Motor Works, American Motors, Kelly-Springfield Motor Truck Co., Mack Bros. Motor Co. and Buick Motor Co. becomes clients in 1906.
- The company changes its name to Spicer Manufacturing Company in 1909.
- In 1914 Charles Dana, an attorney, buys controlling interests in the company.
- In 1919 Salisbury Axle is purchased by Dana and would later be renamed Spicer Axle Division of Dana. Spicer Manufacturing Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1922.
- The company expands to England in 1925. During the Second World War the company supplies products to the United States Military.
- In 1946 the company changes its name to Dana Corporation and its driveline product brand is named Spicer.
- During the early 1960’s Dana expands to Japan, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Argentina and Mexico.
- In 1966 the company buys Victor Gasket Manufacturing Company.
- In 1993 the Reinz Company is purchased. Plumley Rubber Company in Paris, Tennessee is bought in 1996 and adds sealing products to its portfolio. Dana’s largest acquisition in its history is the purchase of Clark-Hurth Components from Ingersoll-Rand. Dana buys several more companies during the next few years to expand its portfolio considerably.
- In 2016 the company is renamed Dana Incorporated.
VISION & VALUES OF DANA
- Dana Incorporated’s vision is to be the global technology leader with its high quality products and services. The company values its employees, customers and shareholders. Business is conducted with the highest ethical standards, integrity and trust.
- The company aims to offer its customers and shareholders sustainability and long tern value. With its global presence, the company ensures success for all its stakeholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF DANA
- Dana Incorporated trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “DAN”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 7,346 million. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 289 million and net sales are $ 2,306 million. In the six months ending June 30, 2019 the company reports net cash provided by operating activities of $ 57 million.
- Net cash provided by financing activities is $ 577 million. Dividends paid to common stockholders are $ 29 million. Potential investors can buy affordably priced shares now.