CULLEN/FROST BANKERS (CFR) Stocks
ABOUT CULLEN/FROST BANKERS
? Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc., an American financial holding company, was founded in 1868 and has its headquarters in San Antonio, Texas.
The company is one of the 50 largest banks in the U.S. It offers a comprehensive portfolio of banking, investments and insurance services to individuals and businesses across Texas. The company has a rich history of three centuries of service excellence in the banking industry.
Frost Bank was established in 1868 as a mercantile partnership by Claiborne Frost who served in the Confederate States Army at the time. It became a national banking association in 1899 and also reached USUS Dollar 1 million in deposits in the same year.
The bank grew exponentially over the years through a host of acquisitions that started with the purchase of Lockwood National Bank in 1928. It merged with Cullen Bankers, Inc. of Houston in 1977 to form Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. and also began trading on NASDAQ.
Today, the company employs approximately 4 300 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF CULLEN/FROST BANKERS
- Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. operates through the Frost Bank, a Texas-chartered bank based in San Antonio, as well as a host of other subsidiaries. The bank has 134 branches and operates about 1 300 automated teller machines (ATMs) in Texas.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc.’s subsidiaries include Main Plaza Corporation, Frost Insurance Agency, Inc., Frost Securities, Inc., Frost Brokerage Services, Inc., Carton Service Corporation, Frost Investment Advisors and Tri-Frost Corporation, to name but a few.
- Frost Bank is a community-oriented bank that serves individuals and businesses, as well as clients in neighboring Mexico. Its product portfolio includes consumer deposit products and loans, trust and investment management services, mutual funds, insurance, as well as brokerage and leasing services.
- Cullen/Frost’s total assets comprise approximately USUS Dollar 26.5 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF CULLEN/FROST BANKERS
- Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. strives to grow and prosper, building long-term relationships based on top-quality service, high ethical standards and sound assets.
- The company therefore adheres to solid business practices that enables it to provide optimum value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- Its operations are deeply rooted in values such as integrity, caring, service excellence, commitment and trust.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CULLEN/FROST BANKERS
- Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CFR”. The company is an S&P 400 component.
- For the second quarter 2019, net income available to common shareholders was USUS Dollar 109.6 million or US Dollar 1.72 per diluted common share.
- Average deposits for the quarter were USUS Dollar 26.0 billion. This continued solid performance in the market affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS CULLEN/FROST BANKERS
Buy CULLEN/FROST BANKERS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CULLEN/FROST BANKERS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CULLEN/FROST BANKERS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CULLEN/FROST BANKERS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CULLEN/FROST BANKERS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CULLEN/FROST BANKERS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CULLEN/FROST BANKERS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?