CSX (CSX) Stocks
CSX Corporation, an American rail transportation and real-estate company, was founded in 1980 and is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, in the United States.
CSX Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is one of America’s leading transportation providers. Its rail and intermodal businesses provide rail-based transportation services such as a traditional rail service and the transport of intermodal trailers and containers.
The company transports chemicals, automotive-, agricultural- and food products, minerals, fertilizers, forest products, and metals and equipment, as well as coal, coke and iron ore to power plants, steel manufacturers and industrial plants. CSX also exports coal to deep-water port facilities.
The company was established through the merger of the former Chessie System with Seaboard Coast Line Industries in 1980. The various railroads of these two companies were merged into a single line, known as CSX Transportation, in 1986.
CXS Transportation operates in the eastern United States, as well as Ontario and Quebec in Canada. The company operates about 21 000 miles of track. It serves 23 states east of the Mississippi River, the District of Columbia, as well as Quebec and Ontario, Canada. It has access to more than 70 ocean, river and lake terminals along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts, the Mississippi, the Great Lakes and St Lawrence Seaway.
The company moves an extensive portfolio of products that its clients have purchased across the country. The company’s operations are designed to minimize environmental impact, as well as fuel consumption and transportation costs. It takes a huge volume of traffic off the U.S.’ already congested highway system.
Today, the company employs approximately 24 000 people across its operations.
OVERVIEW OF CSX
- CSX conducts its operations through a number of subsidiaries such as CSX Transportation, Fruit Growers Express, CSX Intermodal Terminals, CSX Real Property, CSX Technology, Chessie Computer Service, Cybernetics & Services, Total Distribution Services, Transflo Corporation, CSX de Mexico and Powerhouse Logistics.
- The company is organised according to two operating regions, namely the West Region and the East Region. These regions each comprises of two sub-regions. East includes the North Region, based in Baltimore Maryland, and the South Region, based in Waycross, Georgia.
- The West Region includes the Midwest Region, based in Cincinnati, Ohio, and the Soutwest Region, based in Nashville, Tennessee.
- CSX also serves the automotive industry with distribution centres and storage location. Additionally, it connects non-rail served customers through the transportation of products from rail to trucks.
- The company also acquires, develops, sells leases and manages real-estate properties. CSX also owns and leases approximately 3 900 locomotives.
- CSX Corporation’s major shippers are Owens Brockway Glass Company of Eller, a manufacturer of glass products, and Corn Products Company of Winston-Salem, a manufacturer of corn syrup and related products.
VALUES OF CSX
- CSX Corporation aspires to be the best railway company in North America. The company’s guiding principles are the pillars of all its operations. It enables CSX to meet customers’ needs, make a profit and offer its employees a rewarding working environment.
- Values at the core of its business practices include integrity, openness and transparency, and a passion for excellence. CSX continuously pushes boundaries through innovation and vision.
- The company values teamwork and collaborative efforts, as it stimulates growth and opens up new opportunities. It respects all people and continuously engages in open dialogue, as these practices build trust among its customer base and stakeholders.
- It is accountable for its actions at all times, and not afraid to communicate problems whenever it cannot meet its commitments.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CSX
- CSX Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CSX”.
- The company is a Fortune 500 company as of 2019. Its sound financials affords shareholders, who buy or sell company shares, the confidence to do so in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
- In 2018, CSX Corporation’s total shareholder equity was reported as USUS Dollar 12.58 billion, with total revenue of USUS Dollar 12.25 billion, and increase from USUS Dollar 11.408 billion in the previous fiscal cycle.
You might also like: COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CSX
Buy CSX stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CSX Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CSX Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CSX STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CSX STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CSX stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CSX stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CONOCOPHILLIPS STOCKS