CRYOLIFE (CRY) Stocks
CryoLife, Inc. is a medical device company. Its portfolio offers mechanical heart valves used for aortic valve replacements, cardiac laser treatment used for refractory angina, preserved human tissue used in vascular and cardiac surgeries, surgical sealants and adhesives as well as advanced technology and surgical training for pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery.
The company has provided more than 1 million patients across the globe with its tissues and products. These products include BioGlue, BioFoam, PerClot, PhotoFix Decellularized Bovine Pericardium, CryoValve SG pulmonary heart valves, Transmyocardial Revascularization, CryoLife’s CryoPatch® SG pulmonary cardiac patch and SynerGraft technology.
CryoLife, Inc.’s headquarters is located in Kennesaw, Georgia and occupies more than 200 000 square feet. The company also has offices in Texas and the United Kingdom.
It employs more than 700 people, including four physicians and seven biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, biochemistry, organic chemistry and protein chemistry Ph.D.’s, across 11 countries such as Australia, Japan, China, Asia, Indonesia and Malaysia.
CryoLife has global representatives in more than 85 countries as well as sales and marketing centers located in Singapore and Germany.
HISTORY OF CRYOLIFE
- CryoLife, Inc. is founded in 1984 as a biomedical company and starts out with 6 employees and a 2 400 square foot laboratory. The company specializes in human heart valves preservation in low temperatures. These are used primarily in cardiac reconstruction surgeries for children with heart defects.
- During the next couple of years the company adds cardiac patches, femoral arteries and veins, saphenous veins and aorta iliac vessels to its portfolio. In 1991 the company presents the SynerGraft process. It confiscates cells and antigens from implant tissues.
- CryoLife buys BioGlue (a surgical adhesive) initial patents and technology in 1996. In 2009 the company’s hydrogel technology platform is expanded with the approval of BioFoam, used in the sealing of spleen, liver and other abdominal parenchymal tissues.
- CryoLife and Starch Medical enters an agreement in 2010.
- CryoLife is now the exclusive manufacturer and distributor of PerClot, a powdered hemostatic agent. In 2011 CryoLife buys CardioGenesis Corporation, a developer of laser technology used in severe angina patients.
- The purchase of an artificial heart valve replacement manufacturer, On-X Life Technologies Holdings, Inc., in 2006 provides the company access to the mechanical valve industry.
VISION & VALUES OF CRYOLIFE
- CryoLife, Inc.’s mission is to provide quality care with its innovative technologies to its customers. The company supports those in need by contributing to programs and through its CryoKids Foundation. The foundation provides financial contribution for children that is in need of cardiac reconstruction.
- Funds are raised to cover costs of surgeries for children in countries such as Ghana.
- The company also supports local community service events such as the United States Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program and the American Heart Association’s Annual Heart Walk.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CRYOLIFE
- CryoLife, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CRY”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total revenues of US Dollar 71,139 thousand. Gross margin is US Dollar 46,966 thousand.
- Total operating expenses are US Dollar 40,464 thousand and operating income is US Dollar 6,502 thousand. Total assets are US Dollar 597,123 thousand.