COTY (COTY) Stocks
Coty Inc.(Class A) is a leading international manufacturer and distributor of beauty products. Its product portfolio includes color cosmetics, fragrances, sun care, hygiene and skin treatment products. The company supplies its products to specialty retailers, department stores, duty free shops at airports across the globe and mass-market retailers.
It is the largest fragrance company in the world. The company’s revenue for the fiscal year ending June 2018 was more than US Dollar 9 billion.
Coty Inc. operates under three divisions: Consumer Beauty, Luxury and Professional Beauty. Consumer Beauty focuses on color cosmetics, hair coloring and styling, body care and fragrances. Luxury’s focus is on fragrance, skin care and cosmetic products. Professional Beauty produces products for nail and beauty salon professionals.
Coty Inc. is the owner of approximately 77 brands which include Clairol, Max Factor, Rimmel, Sally Hansen, Bourjois, CoverGirl, ghd and Wella.
The company’s history dates back to 1904. Its executive office is based in London while its Consumer Beauty, Luxury and Professional Beauty divisions are based in New York City, Paris and Geneva respectively. Today it has approximately 20 000 employees in 46 countries.
Its subsidiaries include Rimmel, Wella, Max Factor, OPI Products, Clairol, Good Day Hair, Philosophy, Wella France SAS and Coty Argentina S.A.
You might also like: COPART STOCKS
HISTORY OF COTY
- In 1904 François Coty creates his first fragrance, La Rose Jacqueminot, in Paris, France. He “accidentally” breaks a bottle of his perfume on the floor in a Parisian department store while trying to convince the store manager to sell his brand. Passing shoppers are attracted by the scent and quickly buy all his stock.
- A few weeks later La Rose Jacqueminot is sold in stores all over the city and the Coty name established in the French fragrance world.
- Coty changes the way beauty products are sold and used around the world with his focus on high-end packaging, creative marketing strategies and craftsmanship.
- In 2016 Coty acquired 41 beauty brands from Procter & Gamble. This purchase makes the company the world leader in fragrance, the second biggest for hair styling and color products and the third largest for color cosmetics.
- Previously JAB Holding Company was Coty’s largest shareholder with a stake of 37%.
VISION & VALUES OF COTY
- Coty Inc. believes in celebrating and liberating the diversity of beauty. The company’s culture is about the people who make the company what it is, how it works with and wins with customers, supplies, partners and licensors as well as the ways in which the company celebrates and liberates the diversity of its consumers’ beauty.
- The company acknowledges the evidence of climate change and has signed the “We are Still in the Open” letter – pledging its continued support for climate action in order to meet the Paris Agreement.
- Coty Inc. continuously works on improving the monitoring and data quality of its environmental footprint. An independent third party has verified the company’s Scope 1 & 2 CO2 emissions.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF COTY
- Coty Inc. (Class A)trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSEstock symbol “COTY”. It is an S&P 500 component.
- The company’s revenue for 2018 is US Dollar 9.4 billion.
- In February 2019 the company reports its second quarter fiscal 2019 results. Net revenues are US Dollar 2,511.2 million–a decrease of 4.8%, with a like-for-like (LFL) revenue growth of 0.7%.
You might also like: CONAGRA BRANDS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS COTY
Buy COTY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase COTY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy COTY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN COTY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE COTY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of COTY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy COTY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FIRST REPUBLIC BANK STOCKS