CONAGRA BRANDS (CAG) Stocks
ABOUT CONAGRA BRANDS
? Conagra Brands, Inc. (formerly ConAgraFoods, Inc.), an American packaged food company, was incorporated on December 5, 1975 and has its headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. The company markets branded and customized food products as well as commercially branded foods. It also provides vegetable-, spice- and grain products to restaurants, food-service operators and commercial customers.
? Conagra Brands, Inc. operates in the countries such as the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Its brands include Marie Callender’s, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Orville Redenbacher’s, Hebrew National, Reddi-wip, Peter Pan, Banquet, Snack Pack, Egg Beaters, Chef Boyardee, Hunt’s, PAM, Rosarita and Fleischmann’s. These products are sold in grocery, convenience, mass merchandise and club stores.
? The company’s history can be traced back to 1919 when Frank Little and Alva Kinney merge four grain mills to form Nebraska Consolidated Mills (NCM). The company began to produce flour in 1940 and ventured into the livestock feed business in 1942.
? Today, the company combines a rich heritage of making great food with an entrepreneurial spirit. It continuously modernizes its iconic food brands by leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape. Today, the company employs approximately 17 000 people across its various operations.
You might also like: FIRST REPUBLIC BANK STOCKS
HISTORY OF CONAGRA BRANDS
- Conagra Brands, Inc. conducts its operations through two primary segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods.
- The Consumer Foods segment comprises branded food sold in U.S. retail channels. These products are sold in a variety of categories such as meals, entrees, condiments, sides, pasta, snacks and desserts. Some of the brands in this segments include Blue Bonnet, Banquet, ACT II, Chef Boyardee, DAVID, Egg Beaters, Hebrew National, Hunt’s, Orville Redenbacher’s, Peter Pan, Reddi-wip and Snack Pack, to name but a few.
- This segment runs operations in Chicago, Illinois and Omaha, Nebraska. It also operates in Canada, China, Columbia, Mexico and Panama. At the end of 2016, the company had 27 domestic manufacturing facilities in the U.S. as well as in Argentina, Canada, Italy and Mexico. It also has interest in facilities in India, Mexico and the Philippines.
- The company’s Commercial Foods division comprises commercially branded food that is distributed to commercial, food service, restaurant-, food-manufacturing and industrial customers. Food products include a variety of vegetable, spice and frozen bakery goods sold under brands such as Spicetec Flavors & Seasonings. This segment has operations in Omaha, Nebraska; Eagle, Idaho; North Liberty, Iowa, and Tri-Cities, Washington.
- It also operates in Japan, China, Singapore and the Netherlands.
VISION & VALUES OF CONAGRA BRANDS
- Conagra Brands, Inc. combines its rich heritage of making great food with an entrepreneurial spirit to create value for shareholders who purchase company shares. It continuously strives to surpass customer expectations and adapts to a changing landscape.
- Its company culture, rooted in core values such as drive, respect and collaboration, enables the company to maintain steady growth.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CONAGRA BRANDS
- Conagra Brands, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CAG”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- At the end of May 2019 the company recorded total revenue of US$9.538.400 billion and gross profit of US$2.653.000 billion.
- Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TRUST STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CONAGRA BRANDS
Buy CONAGRA BRANDS stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CONAGRA BRANDS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CONAGRA BRANDS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CONAGRA BRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CONAGRA BRANDS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CONAGRA BRANDS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CONAGRA BRANDS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FASTENAL STOCKS