📈 Popular:

Broker of the month

Top 27 Regulated Forex Brokers

Forex No Deposit Bonuses

Promotions

⚡ Easily Trade – Apple, Microsoft , Tesla and Google Stocks – Open a FREE Account Here

Best Brokers

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

4th Place

5th Place

Compass Group plc

 

Buy Compass Group shares

COMPASS GROUP PLC (CPG) Shares

ABOUT COMPASS GROUP PLC

Compass Group plc is a UK-based multinational contract foodservice company with a history dating back to 1941, when it was first founded by Jack Bateman as Factory Canteens Limited.

The company’s name was later changed to Bateman Catering, which was acquired along with Midland Catering by Grand Metropolitan in 1967. The Compass Group as it exists today was formed when Grand Metropolitan conducted a management buy-out in 1987.

The Group began to expand its global portfolio with the establishment of Eurest in the US in 1996, offering dining services to local, regional and national companies within the business and industry markets.

This was followed by the decision to purchase Morrison Management Services followed by a merger with Granada PLC.

In June 2019, Compass Group PLC signed an agreement with Fazer Group, an international family owned FMCG and direct to consumer group, to acquire Fazer Food Services.

OVERVIEW OF COMPASS GROUP PLC

  • Today Compass Group plc operates a foodservices portfolio across five market sectors, namely business and industry, healthcare and seniors, education, sports and leisure, and defense, offshore, and remote locations.

  • The Group operates in 45 countries with over 600 000 colleagues serving 55 000 client locations and serves 5.5 billion meals annually.

  • The Group’s food services account for 86% of its revenue, and support services for the remaining 14% of revenue.

  • The Group’s growth strategy has five key points, namely, to maintain a direct focus on the food sector, adopt a targeted approach towards its support services, prioritize organic growth, select bolt-on acquisitions, and deliver best-in-class execution, quality and innovation.

  • The Group uses disciplined investment to support organic growth, with capital expenditure accounting for up to 3.5% of sales.

  • Shareholder value is created by delivering a balanced package of progressive dividends which grow in line with constant currency earning and returns any additions surplus capital to shareholders.

VISION & VALUES OF COMPASS GROUP PLC

  • Compass Group plc’s values encompass integrity, passion, teamwork, responsibility, and safety.

  • The Group always works to establish the highest ethical and professional standards , while adopting a passionate approach to achieving superior quality.

  • Teamwork is encouraged by providing individual ownership of shared goals, while taking responsibility as a group for the health and wellbeing of its clients.

  • The Group strives to remain commercially aware of safety issues in the industry and address them head-on when and if they arise.

MARKET PERFORMANCE OF COMPASS GROUP PLC

  • Compass Group plc currently trades on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE), where investors can buy shares under the stock symbol CPG.

  • Data from the Group’s 2019 financial analysis shows an excellent performance in North America with broad based organic revenue growth of 7.9%; with strong Europe organic revenue growth of 5.5% driven by UK Defense contract wins and continuing good growth in Continental Europe.

  • Rest of World growth of 3.2% was reported with a continuing good performance in developing markets.

  • The Group’s interim dividends were up 6.5% in line with constant currency earnings per share growth.

  • This strong performance indicates a positive outlook for the Group, delivering a healthy share price and solid returns for investors who choose to buy shares.

Author Details

Louis Schoeman

Louis Schoeman

Featured Forex and Stocks writer

Table of Contents

You might also like

Best Consumer Discretionary Stocks in Kenya

Retail and distribution opportunities in Africa’s developing economies are highly attractive to multinational corporations. Increasing household spending, which is forecast to reach $2.5 trillion by

Exclusive Markets Review

    Overall, Exclusive Markets offer traders a choice between three live account types, namely a Standard Account, Pro Account, and an Exclusive Account. Exclusive

eXcentral Review

  Overall, eXcentral offers the following account types: There are four account types offered at eXcentral: Classic, Silver, Gold, and VIP.eXcentral offers two trading platforms,

ForexMart Review

  Overall, ForexMart is considered a trustworthy, low-risk broker with leverage from 1:500, low fixed spreads from 0.0, minimal lot of 0.01, and a minimum deposit of $15