COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM (CBU) Stocks
ABOUT COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM
? Community Bank System, Inc. (CBSI), a registered bank holding company, was incorporated on April 15, 1983 and has its headquarters in DeWitt, New York in the United States. The company operates through its wholly-owned banking subsidiary, Community Bank, N.A.
The latter has approximately USUS Dollar 11 billion in assets and about 240 outlets across Upstate New York, north-eastern Pennsylvania, Vermont and Western Massachusetts.
The company’s history can be traced back to 1866 when its predecessor, St. Lawrence National Bank, was chartered. CBSI was incorporated in Delaware and became a registered bank holding company in 1983. Today, CBSI is a full-service financial institution that offers comprehensive consumer, business and financial services.
Some of the company’s other subsidiaries include Benefit Plans Administrative Services, Inc., a provider of retirement plans and institutional trust services, Community Bank Wealth Management, a wealth management firm and OneGroup, a provider of insurance and risk management services.
Today, the company employs approximately 2 200 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM
- Community Bank System, Inc. owns two subsidiaries: Community Bank, N.A. (CBNA) and Benefit Plans Administrative Services Inc. (BPAS). The company conducts its business through three segments: Banking, Employee Benefit Services and All Other (which include the smaller wealth management and insurance segments).
BPAS owns four subsidiaries: BPAS Actuarial & Pension Services (BPAS-APS), LLC, BPAS Trust Company of Puerto Rico, Benefit Plans Administrative Services, LLC (BPA) and Hand Benefits & Trust Company (HB&T). CBNA operates approximately 193 branches in 35 counties of Upstate New York and six counties of north-eastern Pennsylvania.
- It offers a wide portfolio of commercial and retail banking services. CBNA’s subsidiaries include The Carta Group, Inc., CBNA Preferred Funding Corporation (PFC), CBNA Treasury Management Corporation (TMC), Community Investment Services, Inc. (CISI), Nottingham Advisor, Inc. (Nottingham), OneGroup NY, Inc. (OneGroup), Oneida Wealth Management, Inc. (OWM) and Oneida Preferred Funding II LLC (OPFC II).
- The company’s banking segments offers a portfolio of lending and depository-related products and services to private customers, businesses and municipal enterprises. It also provides treasure management solutions, capital financing products and payment processing services.
VISION & VALUES OF COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM
- Community Bank System, Inc. is driven by its relationships with employees, customers and stakeholders. It strives to lead the market with the best people building lifelong relationships.
- The company values qualities such as excellence, competence, motivation and personal service. Its integrity is uncompromising and the company is relentless in its pursuit of excellence and growth. It continuously strives to add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM
- Community Bank System, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CBU”.
- The company is an S&P 600 component. For the first quarter 2019, the company reported GAAP EPS of US Dollar 0.80, up US Dollar 0.02 over first quarter 2018. Net interest income was up USUS Dollar 2.2 million over the first quarter 2018 and the net interest margin increased nine basis points to 3.80%.
- These financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM
Buy COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy COMMUNITY BANK SYSTEM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?