COMCAST (CMCSA) Stocks
Comcast Corporation Class A is a leading entertainment and telecommunications company that provides internet, telephone services and cable television to millions of people across 40 states. The company’s headquarters is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The company is divided into Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the world’s largest providers of high-speed internet and phone providers. NBCUniversal provides networks for entertainment and sport, television station groups and production operations. Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts also forms part of NBCUniversal.
You might also like: COCA-COLA STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF COMCAST
- In 1963 Ralph Roberts buys American Cable Company for a price of $500 000. The company has five channels and an estimated 12 000 viewers. Two years later the American Cable Company buys Storecast Corporation of America, a marketing firm. This provides the opportunity for American Cable Company to purchase a Muzak franchise which provides background music for retail stores. Muzak is a client of Storecast Corporation.
- In 1969 the company is incorporated. The company’s initial public offering takes place on the 29th of June, 1972. 430 000 shares are sold at $7.00 each.
- In 1977 an opportunity arises when Microsoft invests in Comcast Corporation, which gives it the opportunity to improve the company’s internet sector. The company’s portfolio expands through the years with blockbuster movies like Jaws, Harry Potter and various shows.
- On the 18th of November, 2002, AT&T Broadband and Comcast forms Comcast Corporation.
VISION & VALUES OF COMCAST
- Comcast Corporation expects its suppliers and employees to always respect human rights and to conduct business with integrity. The company values the law and follow its code of conduct at all times. Business is done creatively by embracing new innovative ideas keeping the environment in mind.
- Comcast Corporation is using its resources to help the local community. One example is awarding $82 500 in scholarships for 2019 – 2020 for Virginia students. More than $33 million has been awarded to students since 2001.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF COMCAST
- Comcast Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol CMCSA (Class A common stock).
- Data analysis for Comcast Corporation’s first quarterly results for 2019 shows earnings per share increased with 16.7 percent. Consolidated revenue increased with 17.9 percent and Adjusted ABITDA increased with 18.1 percent. Free cash flow is $4.6 billion and net cash provided by operating activities are $7.2 billion.
- A total of $869 million was spent on dividends. Comcast Corporation pays quarterly dividends on its common stock to its shareholders. Forecasts implies that above-average returns will be made and would be a good investment for potential investors.
You might also like: CITIGROUP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS COMCAST
Buy COMCAST stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase COMCAST Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy COMCAST Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN COMCAST STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE COMCAST STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of COMCAST stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy COMCAST stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CISCO SYSTEMS STOCKS