Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. is an iron ore company. The company’s portfolio offers high quality, custom made pellets. It is known as one of the largest North American iron ore pellet producers and one of the most affordably priced iron ore companies in the world.
Approximately 55 percent of the United States’ pellet production capacity is represented by Cleveland-Cliffs. The company operates three of the eight iron ore mining facilities in the United States.
Cleveland-Cliffs offers its products to several steel markets, including construction, white goods (large electrical appliances) and manufacturing as well as automotive.
HISTORY OF CLEVELAND-CLIFFS
- In 1847 eleven men found the Cleveland Iron Company in Cleveland, Ohio. Its goal is to develop hard magnetite and hematite ores. The company provides iron ore for the first railway building operations on the Iron Range. The company gains popularity with its clean drilling cores and precision with the use of diamond drills during the late 1870’s. The Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company is founded in 1891.
- The company’s Crosby Mine in Itasca County is the first to ship iron ore in 1905. By the 1920’s Cleveland-Cliffs is the largest independent United States iron ore producer. In the 1950’s the company opens a laboratory. Its goal is to find methods to produce high quality, custom made pellets at a low price.
- In 1963 the company opens another mine named the Empire Mine. It is the first to use autogenous mills in its processing of iron ore. The company’s Tilden Mine in Michigan is opened in 1974. It is the first to use Flotation systems to process fine grained hematite.
- In 1994 Cleveland-Cliffs buys Northshore Mining in Minnesota. In the 2000’s the company buys several iron ore and coal properties across the United States, Canada, Brazil and Australia.
- The company exits the North American coal business in 2015. Its stock displays the second highest gain on the New York Stock Exchange in 2016. Its stock achieves the best of all metals and mining companies that year.
VISION & VALUES OF CLEVELAND-CLIFFS
- Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. operates in ways that minimizes environmental impacts and benefits the communities in which the company operates. The company creates value to shareholders and follows strategies that ensures safety of employees, communities and the environment as well as boosts performance and minimizes costs.
- Through its Cleveland-Cliffs Foundation, the company supports and contributes to communities. Its employees also volunteer at organizations and initiatives. Organizations that benefits from the company and its employees include Habitat for Humanity, Ronald McDonald Houses and United Way.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CLEVELAND-CLIFFS
- Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CLF”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of US Dollar 3,393.2 million. Cash and cash equivalents are US Dollar 377.2 million. Operating income is US Dollar 226.8 million and net income is US Dollar 160.8 million.
- Revenues from product sales and services are US Dollar 743.2 million. Dividends paid are US Dollar 28.9 million.
LATEST NEWS CLEVELAND-CLIFFS
Buy CLEVELAND-CLIFFS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CLEVELAND-CLIFFS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CLEVELAND-CLIFFS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CLEVELAND-CLIFFS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CLEVELAND-CLIFFS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CLEVELAND-CLIFFS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CLEVELAND-CLIFFS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?