CINCINNATI BELL (CBB)
ABOUT CINCINNATI BELL
? Cincinnati Bell Inc. (Cincinnati Bell), an American telephone holding company, was incorporated in 1873 and has its headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. The company conducts its operations through Cincinnati Bell, one of the oldest phone companies in the U.S.
It is the largest telephone company for Cincinnati, its suburbs and the Dayton metropolitan area in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. It is also the dominant telephone services provider for Hawaii.
The company was established as the City and Suburban Telegraph Association in 1873, three years prior to the invention of the telephone. It provided telegraph lines between homes and business.
The company gained exclusive rights to the Bell franchise within a 25-mile radius of Cincinnati in 1878.
It changed its name to Cincinnati and Suburban Bell Telephone Company in 1903. The name was eventually shortened to Cincinnati Bell in 1971.
Today, the company’s carrier territory comprises 2 400 miles across three states. Cincinnati Bell Inc.’s local exchange carrier subsidiary is Cincinnati Bell Telephone Company LLC. It also offers services such as long-distance calling and IT solutions through a number of other subsidiaries.
Cincinnati Bell Inc. employs about 4 300 people across its operations.
You might also like: CANGO STOCKS
HISTORY OF CINCINNATI BELL
- Cincinnati Bell ventured into wireless telephony in 1986 when it purchased a 45% stake in Ameritech Cellular. It also acquired 80% of AT&T Wireless Services’ Cincinnati-Dayton PCS network. The company’s subsidiary, Cincinnati Bell Wireless (CBW) handled the marketing and sales, while AT&T Wireless was responsible for this joint venture’s technical operations.
- When Cingular (now AT&T Mobility) purchased AT&T Wireless CBW passed control of its 20% stake on to singular. Cincinnati Bell purchased Cingular’s stake in 2006, giving the company full control of CBW.
- Cincinnati Bell also supplies Internet access to clients in its service area. It competes with Charter Spectrum Internet. The company introduced its fiber-optic communications service, FiOptics, in 2009.
- This service provides Internet at speeds from 5 Mbit/s to 1 Gbit/s to about half a million homes in its metropolitan area.
- The company operated a network of Cincinnati Bell Phone Center locations up to 1992 when it sold the retail chain to AT&T. However, it re-entered the retail industry in 1998 when it opened three [email protected] Bell retail outlets.
- As of 2018 the number of outlets has increased to nine. The company also provides landline PSTN local and long-distance calling but subscriptions have been declining due to competition from wireless providers.
VISION & VALUES OF CINCINNATI BELL
- Cincinnati Bell is totally dedicated to the communities in which it operates as it knows that, without people, it would not exist. The company is passionate about communication as it enables growth and shapes its future.
- The company continuously seeks to evolve and offer its clients new technology that enhances lives. It believes in open communication and encourages dialogue and innovation. Its integrity is non-negotiable. These core values foster trust among all and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CINCINNATI BELL
- Cincinnati Bell Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CBB”.
- The company is an S&P 600 component. For the second quarter 2019, the company recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 384 million and operating income of USUS Dollar 25 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA1 was USUS Dollar 103 million, a 6% increase over the prior quarter. These sound financials bode well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: BUCKEYE PARTNERS L.P. STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CINCINNATI BELL
Buy CINCINNATI BELL stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CINCINNATI BELL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CINCINNATI BELL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CINCINNATI BELL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CINCINNATI BELL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CINCINNATI BELL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CINCINNATI BELL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CANON STOCKS