CIMAREX ENERGY (XEC) Stocks
ABOUT CIMAREX ENERGY
Cimarex Energy Co., an independent oil and gas exploration and production company, was incorporated on February 14, 2002 and has its headquarters in Denver, Colorado in the United States.
The company is engaged in hydrocarbon exploration and is organized in Delaware. It operates primarily in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico. The company focuses its activities on the Permian Basin and the Anadarko Basin in Western Oklahoma.
The company was founded in 2002 through a corporate spin-off of Helmerich & Payne to separate its exploration and production segments from its drilling business. Shareholders of Helmerich & Payne received shares in Cimarex in 2002.
At the centre of the company’s business approach is detailed pre- and post-drill economic evaluation of after-tax rate of return on invested capital for every well drilled. The company strives to maximise cash flow from producing properties for reinvestment in drill-bit driven growth opportunities.
Cimarex Energy Co. is a leader in its field. Most of its wells are drilled in the Wolfcamp Shale and Bone Springs Sands in the Permian Basin and the Meramec and Woodford Shales in Western Oklahoma. Cimarex invested USUS Dollar 1.28 billion in 2017 and USUS Dollar 1.7 billion in 2018 for exploration and development activities in the Permian and Mid-Continent regions.
The company’s proved reserves at the end of 2017 were 559 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMBOE) with daily production averaging 190 thousand barrels MMBOE.
Today, the company employs approximately 955 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF CIMAREX ENERGY
- Cimarex Energy Co. operates in the exploration and production (E&P) segment. Its E&P activities are conducted in two areas: The Permian Basin and the Mid-Continent region. The Permian Basin comprises west Texas and southeast New Mexico, while the Mid-Continent region includes Oklahoma and the Texas Panhandle. During fiscal 2016 the company’s Mid-Continent production averaged 457 million of cubic feet equivalent (MMcfe) per day which equates to 47% of its total production.
- All Cimarex’s oil and gas assets are located in the U.S. At the end of 2016, 63% of its total proved reserved were situated in the Mid-Continent region and 37% in the Permian Basin. The company owned an interest in 10,279 gross productive oil and gas wells. Of these, it operated 73 gross wells. Cimarex Energy Co.’s operations in the Permian Basin are located in the Delaware Basin, which forms the western half of the Permian Basin.
- In fiscal 2016, the company’s primary focus was on the drilling of horizontal wells in the Wolfcamp shale, the Avalon shale and the Bone Spring formation. These wells yielded oil and liquids-rich gas. At the end of 2016, the Permian region produced 504 MMcfe daily.
VISION & VALUES OF CIMAREX ENERGY
- Cimarex Energy Co. is fully committed to the creation of long-term value for its partners and shareholders who purchase company shares. To maintain growth and cement its footprint as an industry leader, the company conducts its business in a transparent, open and result-focussed fashion that creates trust among employees, partners and shareholders alike.
- It navigates challenges head-on and believes that innovation and collaboration are key elements in establish long-term success. By implementing these core values in its operations, the company drives growth and stays remains a leader in its field.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CIMAREX ENERGY
- Cimarex Energy Co.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “XEC”.
- The company is an S&P 500 component. In 2018, the company recorded total revenue of USUS Dollar 1.918 billion and net income of USUS Dollar 494 billion. Its total assets were valued at USUS Dollar 6.062 billion.
LATEST NEWS CIMAREX ENERGY
Buy CIMAREX ENERGY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CIMAREX ENERGY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CIMAREX ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CIMAREX ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CIMAREX ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CIMAREX ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CIMAREX ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?