CIENA (CIEN) Stocks
? Ciena Corporation is a networking and software company. Its portfolio includes 65 offices, nearly 2 700 R&D specialists, more than 2 000 patents and approximately 1 500 clients in more than 35 countries.
The company offers networking solutions to assist with constantly changing consumer demands. It offers high-quality, fast and safe services and delivers best-in-class technology.
Ciena Corporation employs more than 6 000 people across the globe in its various offices. The company’s headquarters in located in Hanover, Maryland.
You might also like: CHARAH SOLUTIONS STOCKS
HISTORY OF CIENA
- In 1992 the company is founded by David Huber and Kevin Kimberlin in Dallas, Texas.
- In 1994 the company joins forces with an internet trafficker, Sprint, and creates high capacity fiber optic transmission systems and both company’s achieve great success.
- In 1997 Ciena has its initial public offering and raises US Dollar 4.3 billion, the largest initial public offering in the history of startup companies. By 2001 its revenues exceeds US Dollar 1.6 billion and it has a market capitalization of approximately US Dollar 30 billion. It buys 27 companies to achieve growth during the next few years.
- By 2000 the company’s shares are sold at a price of US Dollar 120 per share. The company expands its portfolio by offering a variety of advanced networking solutions such as new generation hybrid gear, optical switching and Ethernet technologies.
- Ciena buys another 11 firms by 2004 with a total value of US Dollar 3.3 billion. In 2015 a telecommunications company, Cyan, Inc., is purchased at a price of nearly US Dollar 400 million in stock and cash.
VISION & VALUES OF CIENA
- Ciena’s Corporate Social Responsibility practices enables the company to operate as a global supplier and employer of choice. The company is committed to conducting business through the right channels of ethical standards and trust.
- The company supports its communities from which it operates and is socially and environmentally responsible. Ciena stays true to its values in order to achieve success.
- Ciena is on Fortune’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies 2017. It is voted Great Place to Work in its Canada, India and United States businesses. The company is named by The Economic Times for India’s Best Companies to Work for 2018.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CIENA
- Ciena Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CIEN”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending April 30, 2019 reports a total revenue of US Dollar 865,011 thousand. Gross profit is US Dollar 374,677 thousand and total operating expenses are US Dollar 294,357 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are US Dollar 699,148 thousand and total assets are US Dollar 3,686,778 thousand.
You might also like: CHESAPEAKE ENERGY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CIENA
Buy CIENA stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CIENA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CIENA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CIENA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CIENA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CIENA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CIENA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL STOCKS