CHESAPEAKE ENERGY (CHK) Stocks
ABOUT CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
? Chesapeake Energy Corporation, a hydrocarbon exploration company was founded in 1989 and has its headquarters in Oklahoma City in the United States. The company acquires, explores and develops properties for the production of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs) from underground reservoirs in the U.S.
The company was established by Aubrey McClendon and Tom L. Ward through an initial investment of USUS Dollar 50 000. Its name was derived from McClendon’s love of the Chesapeake Bay Region. Ward left the company in 2006.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation went public in 1993. The company’s strategy comprises the drilling of horizontal natural gas wells in unconventional reservoirs. It enjoys a sizable position in the Golden Trend and Sholem Alechem fields of South-central Oklahoma and in the Giddings field of Southeast Texas.
HISTORY OF CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s portfolio includes high-quality unconventional gas assets in top natural gas resource plays in the U.S. They are: Marcellus in the Northern Appalachian Basin in Pennsylvania; Eagle Ford IN South Texas; Brazos Valley in Southeast Texas, Powder River Basin in Wyoming; Haynesville in north-western Oklahoma and Mid-Continent in the Anadarko Basin of north-western Oklahoma.
- As of the end of 2018, the company owned interest in about 13 200 oil and natural gas wells and had estimated proved reserves of 1.448 million barrels of oil equivalent.
- Chesapeake follows a strategy that focuses on continuously generating capital efficiencies and operating with low, industry-leading production costs. It also follows a disciplined approach to liquidity.
- The company recently acquired Texas oil producer WildHorse Resource Development for USUS Dollar 4 billion in cash and stock.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation is ranked 314th on the Fortune 500.
VISION & VALUES OF CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation’s core values form the foundation for the company’s success and serve as the lens through which the company evaluates all business decisions. Through commitment to these values, the company enables its growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- These values include integrity, trust, respect, open communication and accountability. The company protects its employees, stakeholders and the environment. It also appreciates diversity and encourages the sharing of different opinions.
- The company further takes pride in being a steward of its corporate resources.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CHK”.
- The company is an S&P 400 component. For fiscal 2018, the company recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 10.231 billion and net income of USUS Dollar 775 million. Its total assets were valued at USUS Dollar 10.047 billion.
- For the first quarter of 2019, the company delivered record oil production of 122,000bbls of oil per day, a year-over-year increase of 36%.
- This solid performance affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS CHESAPEAKE ENERGY
Buy CHESAPEAKE ENERGY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CHESAPEAKE ENERGY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CHESAPEAKE ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CHESAPEAKE ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CHESAPEAKE ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CHESAPEAKE ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CHESAPEAKE ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?