CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS (CHTR) Stocks
ABOUT CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
Charter Communications, Inc. Class A, an American telecommunications and mass media enterprise, was founded in 1993 and is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, in the United States.
Charter Communications, Inc. offers residential and commercial services, as well as advertising and others service. Its customers can also purchase subscription-based video services, such as video on demand (VOD), high definition (HD) television, and digital video recorder (DVR), Internet and voice services.
The company’s national brand platforms are known as Spectrum, Spectrum Business and Spectrum Enterprise. Video customers get a package of basic programming, comprising a digital set-top box that has an interactive electronic programming guide with parental controls, access to pay-per-view services, digital music channels and the option to view some video services on third-party devices.
Charter Communications, Inc. also operates and owns regional sports networks, and local news and lifestyle channels. It also distributes security and home management services to the local market. Today, the company employs approximately 95 000 people across its operations.
OVERVIEW OF CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
- The company acquired Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks in 2016, making it the third-largest pay television service in the U.S. It is also the second-largest U.S. cable operator by subscribers, and the fifth largest telephone provider based upon residential line count.
- In 2013, Charter Communications, Inc. rebranded its residential services to Charter Spectrum in order to upgrade its all-digital network for video, voice and broadband services. This newer fibre-optic service-delivery system provides higher bandwidth speeds than its older coaxial cable infrastructure.
- The company owns call centres in St. Louis, Missouri; Billings, Montana; Greenville, South Carolina; Vancouver, Washington; Walker, Michigan; Rochester, Minnesota; Fond du Lac, Wisconsin; Worcester, Massachusetts, and Heathrow, Florida.
- Its largest call centre is situated in Louisville, Kentucky. Its call centre in Heathrow handles most of the company’s video, high-speed data, and telephone billing and customer service contacts.
- Charter Communications, Inc.’s managed IT portfolio comprises Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Cloud Desktop as a Service (DaaS), as well as managed hosting, application, and messaging solutions and other related IT and professional services.
VALUES OF CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
- Charter Communications, Inc. is committed to investing in America’s infrastructure by providing superior products and services to its customers, as well as extraordinary value to its shareholders.
- The company relies heavily on its highly-skilled, locally-based and diverse workforce, and offers them opportunity to grow and hone their skills. It is also committed to the communities in which it operates, and believes in values such as integrity and trust, as well as communication, diversity and inclusion.
- The company continuously seeks to exceed the expectations of its growing clientele, as well as that of all its stakeholders, through the highest quality products and uncompromising service.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
- Charter Communications, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “CHTR”.
- The company performed well in 2018. It grew its Internet customer base by 1.3 million, cable revenue by 4.7% and cable adjusted EBITDA by 6.5. It revenue was USUS Dollar 43.634 billion and its total assets were valued at USUS Dollar 146.130 billion.
- These financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends.
LATEST NEWS CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS
Buy CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?