CHAPARRAL ENERGY (CHAP) Stocks
ABOUT CHAPARRAL ENERGY
Chaparral Energy Inc. is a natural gas and oil producer. It focuses on buying, exploring, developing, producing and operating gas and oil deposits. The company is a premier STACK operator and its operations stretch across Oklahoma’s fast-growing STACK Play.
This is primarily located across the counties of Canadian, Garfield, Blaine, Major and Kingfisher.
The company leverages its expertise and low-cost structure to open up reservoirs beneath the historic, oil-rich landscape of Oklahoma. Chaparral Energy, Inc. mainly focuses on its leasehold in Oklahoma’s STACK play while creating significant shareholder and economic value.
Today it has more than 130 000 STACK acres which provide the company with access to the Osage, Meramec and Woodford formations, which will fuel the company for many decades in future.
The company’s history dates back to 1988 when it was founded. It is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The company’s subsidiaries include Chaparral Resources L.L.C., Calumet Oil Company, Chaparral Texas, L.P., CEI Pipeline LLC, Green Country Supply, Inc. and Roadrunner Drilling LLC.
You might also like: CANOPY GROWTH STOCKS
HISTORY OF CHAPARRAL ENERGY
- Chaparral Energy is founded in April 1988 and buys its first five oil-producing properties a few months later. These properties in Oklahoma’s Panhandle generate the company’s first revenues.
- In the early 1990s the company grows its property base through various acquisitions. Chaparral establishes its Field and Equipment Services Division and the company’s first field office is opened in Weatherford, Oklahoma.
- In 1993 Chaparral capitalizes on working over wells which other companies have written off by classifying them as having no remaining potential.
- In 2000 the company buys Bristol Resources for approximately $ 90 million. This acquisition increases the company’s presence in various states and also includes some offshore operations.
- In 2013 the company completes its CO2 pipeline which runs from a Coffeyville, Kansas, fertilizer plant to Chaparral’s North Burbank Unit. This project has a future net production potential of more than 14,000 Boe/d and a Burbank Gross Uplift EUR of 88 MMboe.
- In 2017 the Chaparral sells its North Burbank and Texas Panhandle enhanced oil recovery assets and completes its transition to a premiere pure play STACK operator.
- Chaparral is listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 2018.
- The company continues to grow through acquisitions and successfully completes a $ 300 million senior notes offering.
VISION & VALUES OF CHAPARRAL ENERGY
- Chaparral Energy, Inc. is committed to ethical and honest practices in all business aspects. The company values and respects the ideas, abilities and opinions of its employees and stakeholders.
- It understands and recognizes the importance of open communication in order to build successful long term partnerships.
- Chaparral is committed to protecting the environment and preventing the wasting of natural resources within communities in which it operates.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CHAPARRAL ENERGY
- Chaparral Energy, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CHAP”.
- The company reports a net loss of $ 45.2 million, or $ 0.99 per share, during the second quarter of 2019.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter is up 54% compared to 2018, to $ 43.7 million, which is primarily due to increased production. Total gross commodity sales are $ 72.5 million.
You might also like: CHINA GREEN AGRICULTURE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CHAPARRAL ENERGY
Buy CHAPARRAL ENERGY stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CHAPARRAL ENERGY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CHAPARRAL ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CHAPARRAL ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CHAPARRAL ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CHAPARRAL ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CHAPARRAL ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CULLEN/FROST BANKERS STOCKS