CELANESE (CE) Stocks
Celanese Corporation (also known as Hoechst-Celanese) is a public company that is integrated worldwide. It produces advanced materials and chemicals. The company’s products include acetate, engineered polymers, acetyl and vinyl emulsion. Celanese is the largest producer of vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) in the world. The company’s operations are primarily located in North America, Asia and Europe.
Celanese Corporation’s largest segment is Acetyl Intermediates. This segment produces basic chemicals such as vinyl acetate, acetic anhydride and acetic acid. Acetyl Intermediates and Industrial Specialties’ customers are in the paint and coatings, adhesive, chemical and construction industries for polymerization. The company’s Advanced Engineered Materials segment produces plastic polymers to the telecommunications, medical, automotive and electronics industries.
Products include plastics for electronics, emissions filtration, conveyor belts and fluid handling as well as for fuel system components which is provided by the engineering polymer business of Celanses, Ticona. In 2016 the company’s polymer production is improved when it buys Forli (Italian SO.F.TER Group).
In its Consumer Specialties segment Nutrinova produces food ingredients such as preservatives potassium sorbate, sorbic acid and sweetener Sunett (acesulfame K). End use markets are baked good, beverages, dairy products and confections among others. The company is one of the largest producers of cellulose acetate in the world. Acetate products are used in the fashion industry and cigarette filters to name but a few.
Celanese’s Industrial Specialties segment produces polymer and emulsions used by manufactures of paper, gypsum, paints and polyvinyl alcohol producers. Its Advanced Fuel Technology segment has developed TCX Technology which is a hydrocarbon-based ethanol production process. This creates a fuel that assists countries in reducing their oil and gas import needs.
Celanese Corporation’shistory dates back to 1918 and it is headquartered in Irving, Texas. Today it has more than 7 600 employees. Its subsidiaries include Ticona, Celanese International Corp., Ticoma GmbH, Celanese SA, Nutrinova, Korea Engineering Plastics and Elwood C.V.
You might also like: CBOE GLOBAL MARKETS STOCKS
HISTORY OF CELANESE
- The American Cellulose & Chemical Manufacturing Company is founded in New York City in 1918. Its first plant is set up during World War I and produces cheaper fabric for the production of airplanes.
- Production begins in 1924 and it produces cellulose acetate commercial fabrics and years to be used as alternatives to silk. In 1927 it changes its name to Celanese Corporation of America.
- In 1982 it buys Imperial Chemicals Incorporated which includes the Fiber Industries Incorporated plant in North Carolina.
- The company’s pharmaceutical business is spun off as Celgene in 1986.
- The following year Celanese Corporation is bought by Hoechst. It is merged with American Hoechst forming Hoechst Celanese Corporation.
- In 2005 Celanese Corporation conducts its initial public offering and starts trading publicly on the New York Stock Exchange.
VISION & VALUES OF CELANESE
- The company’s values are collaboration, creating customer value, improving the world, being sustainable, employee growth and shareholder value. It believes in operating responsibly to make a positive impact on its communities as well as the lives of those with whom the company works.
- Celanese Corporation’s pursuit is to be the first-choice chemistry solution for its customers around the globe.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CELANESE
- Celanese Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CE”.
- It is a Fortune 500, S&P 500 and Russell 1000 component. In 2018 the company’s revenue is US Dollar 6.14 billion.
- Celanese announces its Second Quarter 2019 earnings in July 2019. It reports operating cash flow of US Dollar 424 million and free cash flow of US Dollar 356 million.
You might also like: CARMAX STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CELANESE
Buy CELANESE stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CELANESE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CELANESE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CELANESE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CELANESE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CELANESE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CELANESE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : CARDINAL HEALTH STOCKS