CATALENT (CTLT) Stocks
Catalent, Inc. is a drug development company. The company’s portfolio includes the manufacturing of beauty, animal health, biological, pharmaceutical and consumer health products.
Its 30 global facilities across five continents assist in the development, supply, delivery and escalation performance of products to industry markets.
The company has more than 12 000 employees, of which nearly 1 400 are scientists. Catalent, Inc. is headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey.
HISTORY OF CATALENT
- Cardinal Health buys Packaging Coordinators, Inc., a pharmaceutical and clinical packaging company, in 1996.
- Two years later it buys R.P. Scherer Corporation and in 1991 Automatic Liquid Packaging, Inc. is purchased, allowing Cardinal to expand into the sterile product market.
- In 2002 the company buys a specialized product development company named Magellan Laboratories Inc. During the next few years the company also buys Gala Biotech and Intercare Group PLC, expanding Cardinal’s portfolio further into the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. All these companies are organized under Cardinal’s Pharmaceutical Technologies and Services segment.
- In 2007 Blackstone Group buys the Pharmaceutical Technologies and Services segment from Cardinal and renames it Catalent Pharmaceutical Solutions.
- In 2012 Catalent buys a clinical supply company, named Aptuit, with its three United States, one Singapore and two United Kingdom’s facilities. Remaining shares of Germany’s Eberbach are also purchased. In 2013 Catalent expands into China and Brazil.
- In July 2014 the company has its initial public offering and starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange. It offers 42.5 million shares at a price of $ 20.50 per share.
VISION & VALUES OF CATALENT
- Catalent, Inc. follows responsible business practices and high business standards. Its mission is to offer a better, healthier life to people across the globe. The company puts its patients at the core of all operations and decisions.
- It offers safe and reliable products. Its innovative systems deliver high-quality treatments and exceptional value to patients. The company values excellence, innovation, its patients and employees, integrity and customer dedication.
- Catalent and its employees take its corporate responsibilities very seriously. It is committed to supporting its environment and communities from which it operates. The company minimizes its environmental impact in all its operations in order to boost cleanliness and health in communities and a sustainable planet.
- Catalent focuses on reducing greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption, hazardous and non-hazardous waste generation, conserving water and reducing its overall environmental footprint.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CATALENT
- Catalent, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CTLT”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending March 31, 2019 reports a net revenue of $ 617.5 million and net earnings of $ 31.7 million.
- Operating earnings are $ 65.8 million. Total assets are $ 4,493.1 million and cash and cash equivalents are $ 227.9 million.