CANTEL MEDICAL (CMD) Stocks
ABOUT CANTEL MEDICAL
Cantel Medical Corp. is a public healthcare company. Its portfolio includes diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment as well as infection prevention and control products. Products on offer include microscopes, remote visual inspection devices, flexible and rigid endoscopes, image analysis hardware and software as well as photographic equipment.
Cantel Medical Corp. specializes in three operating units: Endoscopy; Water Purification and Filtration; and Healthcare Disposables. Its Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use irrigation tubing and valves, disinfectants, detergents, medical device reprocessing systems and other products to disinfect high-level endoscopes. MEDIVATORS operates this segment.
The company’s Water Purification and Filtration segment offers sterilants, filtration products and water purification systems used in dialysis facilities which include reprocessing systems and hemodialysis dialyzer. This segment is operated through MEDIVATORS and Mar Cor Purification, Inc.
Cantel Medical Corp.’s Healthcare Disposables segment offers single-use infection prevention products used mostly in the dental market. These products include towels and bibs, germicidal wipes, face masks, sterilization pouches, saliva ejectors, disinfectants and plastic cups. Crosstex International, Inc. operates this segment.
Cantel Medical Corp.’s history dates back to 1963 when it was founded. It is headquartered in Little Falls, New Jersey and today it has almost 3 000 employees.
The company’s subsidiaries include MEDIVATORS Inc., Mar Cor Purification, Inc, Crosstex International, Inc., Vista Research Group, LLC, Biolab Equipment Ltd. and Carsen Group, Inc.
HISTORY OF CANTEL MEDICAL
- In 1946 Walter Carsen forms The W. Carsen Co. in Canada.
- In 1952 Charvoz-Carsen Inc. is incorporated in New Jersey.
- In 1962 Charvoz-Carsen acquires the W. Carsen Co.
- Charvoz-Carsen becomes Stendig Industries, Inc. in 1986. Stendig becomes Cantel Industries, Inc. in 1989.
- In 1996 MediVators is acquired.
- The company’s name is changed to Cantel Medical Corporation in 2000.
- In 2003 Biolab Equipment Ltd. and Mar Cor Services, Inc., are acquired. In 2005 Crosstex International is acquired.
VISION & VALUES OF CANTEL MEDICAL
- Cantel Medial Corp. is dedicated to delivering innovative products and services that prevent infection. Its customers are patients, caregivers and other healthcare providers who improve patient outcomes and assist in saving lives.
- Through its high-quality infection prevention solutions the company touches the lives of millions of patients around the globe.
- One of the company’s accolades is being named a Winning ‘W’ Company by 2020 Women on Boards for having women make up at least 20% of its Board of Directors.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CANTEL MEDICAL
- Cantel Medical Corp. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CMD”. It is an S&P 400 component.
- In its financial results for its third quarter ended April 30, 2019 the company reports net sales of $ 228.6m, up 5.2% compared to 2018.
- GAAP earnings per diluted share decreases 56.4% to $ 0.20, compared to GAAP earnings per diluted share of $ 0.45 in 2018.
LATEST NEWS CANTEL MEDICAL
Buy CANTEL MEDICAL stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CANTEL MEDICAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CANTEL MEDICAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CANTEL MEDICAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CANTEL MEDICAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CANTEL MEDICAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CANTEL MEDICAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?