CANNTRUST HOLDINGS (CTST) Stocks
ABOUT CANNTRUST HOLDINGS
CannTrust Holdings Inc. operates as a pharmaceutical company and is federally licensed and regulated to produce medical cannabis. The company is backed by pharmaceutical and healthcare expertise spanning more than 40 years. It supports on-going patient education and serves patients in Canada.
CannTrust is committed to innovation and research. It contributes to growing evidence based research regarding cannabis use and efficacy. Products are innovated and developed by the company’s product development teams and its exclusive pharma partner, Apotex.
The company continues to evolve its patient and medical practitioner education program on Medical Cannabis. It also has a leading compassionate use program which supports financially needy patients.
CannTrust Holdings Inc.’s growing greenhouse facility of 430 000 square foot is based in the heart of Canada’s Niagara region. This is the first of its kind in the Canadian Cannabis industry – designed and engineered through advanced perpetual growing technology. The facility is one of North America’s largest.
Phase 1 is completed and in 2019 Phase 2 will come on-line. The company continuously expands to have a constant supply of quality standardized products available.
CannTrust Holdings Inc.’s history dates back to 2013 when it was founded. It is headquartered in Ontario, Canada.
HISTORY OF CANNTRUST HOLDINGS
- The company delivers standardized products which allow physicians to make accurate dosage to their patients which are similar to pharmaceuticals. It continues to build capacity and capability to expand into new categories such as over-the-counter, adult use market, pet care, beauty and natural healthcare products. The company is a producer, marketer and distributor of medical marijuana products.
- Today, it serves more than 63 000 patients across Canada and the number continues to grow as more people realize the benefits of cannabis. CannTrust is committed to science and innovation and contributes to the growing evidence-based research regarding the efficacy of using cannabis. The company’s brands include liiv, Xscape, Synr.g and Peak Leaf.
- It generates US Dollar 3.6m in revenue per employee and CannTrust has received a total of US Dollar 11.3m in funding. The company’s main competitors are Emerald Health, MedReleaf and Organigram.
VISION & VALUES OF CANNTRUST HOLDINGS
- The company encourages safe and responsible consumption of its products by legal age recreational consumers and medical patients. It supports laws making underage sales and purchase of cannabis illegal.
- The company’s commitment to the safe use of cannabis is demonstrated through its investments in leading industry research regarding pain and neuromuscular disease. This research will evaluate the effect and safe dosing of medical cannabis.
- CannTrust states that its products are intended for legal-age recreational cannabis customers as well as medical patients and should be consumed responsibly.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CANNTRUST HOLDINGS
- CannTrust Holdings Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CTST”.
- In its first quarter 2019 financial results the company reports quarterly revenue of US Dollar 16.9 million, a 115% increase over the same period in 2018 – 67% through the medical and 33% through the recreational channel.