CABOT OIL AND GAS (COG) Stocks
ABOUT CABOT OIL AND GAS
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation is an oil and gas company that develops, explores and produces oil and gas across various locations in the United States, primarily in the Marcellus Shale in Pennsylvania and the Eagle Ford Shale in Texas.
The company acts independently.Its portfolio includes programs to drill multi-wells for hydrocarbon resources. Cabot’s drill plans for 2019 includes the completion of approximately 90 net wells as well as the placement of about 85 net wells for production purposes. Its strategy consists of production growth, the generating of free cash flow from its operations while returning at least half to shareholders through dividends, financial flexibility and the improvement of corporate returns.
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation is an S&P 500 company. It is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
You might also like: C.H. ROBINSON WORLDWIDE STOCKS
HISTORY OF CABOT OIL AND GAS
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation is founded in 1989 and has its initial public offering in 1990. It buys Washington Energy Resources with stocks valued at US Dollar 180 million in 1994. The transaction expands the company’s portfolio considerably. Cabot sells its oil reserves and property in Northwest Pennsylvania in 1997 for a purchase price of US Dollar 92.5 million.
- In 2001 the company buys Cody Energy for a price of US Dollar 230 million.
- Cabot Oil and Gas Corporation is added to the S&P 500 Index in 2008. In 2013 Cabot sells its West Texas and Oklahoma assets for a purchase price of US Dollar 160 million.
- In late 2016, the company starts focusing more on its assets in the Eagle Ford Shale in south Texas as well as the Marcellus Shale in northeast Pennsylvania.
VISION & VALUES OF CABOT OIL AND GAS
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation is corporately responsible. It strives to be a leader in safe and responsible oil and gas production while minimizing the impact on the environment and communities from which it operates. The company is committed to help the country reach energy independency and reduces greenhouse emissions. Business is conducted with integrity and respect.
- The company places high value on its shareholders, employees and customers. It has a commitment to create operational success and long term value for its shareholders.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation supports sustainable environmental programs and is a member of The Environmental Partnership Program. It partakes in operations to minimize methane and organic chemicals such as volatile organic compounds(VOC).
- The company encourages and contributes to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education in order to provide opportunities for future scientists and engineers.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF CABOT OIL AND GAS
- Cabot Oil and Gas Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “COG”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ended June 30, 2019 reports assets of US Dollar 4,563,729 thousand. Net income is US Dollar 181,009 thousand and net cash provided by operating activities is US Dollar 911,937 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period are US Dollar 241,394 thousand. Operating expenses are US Dollar 286,962 thousand. Dividends per common share are US Dollar 0.09. The Company’s capital budget for 2019 is in the region of US Dollar 800 million.
You might also like: BROADRIDGE FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS CABOT OIL AND GAS
Buy CABOT OIL AND GAS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase CABOT OIL AND GAS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy CABOT OIL AND GAS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN CABOT OIL AND GAS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE CABOT OIL AND GAS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of CABOT OIL AND GAS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy CABOT OIL AND GAS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BOSTON PROPERTIES STOCKS