BURLINGTON STORES (BURL) Stocks
ABOUT BURLINGTON STORES
? Burlington Stores, Inc. is a popular retailer of fashionable merchandise where customers can buy a variety of products at low prices. Its portfolio includes a variety of footwear, accessories, beauty products, gifts as well as apparel for men, women, youth and babies.
The company operates more than 690 stores across 45 states as well as Puerto Rico.
Burlington Stores, Inc. is headquartered in Burlington, New Jersey. Burlington is a Fortune 500 company and employs more than 40 000 people.
You might also like: BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO STOCKS
HISTORY OF BURLINGTON STORES
- Burlington Stores is founded in 1924 as a wholesaler of coats for women and suits. In 1972 the company opens the Burlington Coat Factory store in New Jersey. It offers a variety of quality clothes for the entire family at affordable prices. The company’s sales reaches US Dollar 1.5 million in its first year.
- During the next few years the company expands with 29 additional stores.
- In 1983 Burlington has its initial public offering and by the beginning of the 1990’s the company has 134 stores in 37 states. Sales exceed US Dollar 600 million.
- In 1999 Burlington establishes an online store.
- By 2006 the company has 368 stores and sales exceed US Dollar 3.4 billion. Bain Capital buys Burlington.
- In 2012 the company opens its 500th store.
- A few years later the company changes its name to Burlington Stores. Several more stores are opened during the next few years.
VISION & VALUES OF BURLINGTON STORES
- Burlington Stores, Inc. follows high ethical standards and practices when conducting business. The company provides long term value to shareholders and values trust, integrity and accountability.
- Burlington Stores, Inc. is highly committed to its corporate social responsibility efforts as well as environmental, social and governance (ESG). The company’s goal is to build a workplace environment where employees feel respected and welcomed. The company conserves ad recycles where possible to minimize its environmental footprint. Matters such as responsible sourcing, environmental impacts and human rights informs the company which suppliers are used.
- Burlington contributes to communities across the globe trough programs that assist people in need when unexpected disasters such as tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes strike. The company donates funds and new products to organizations such as the Salvation Army, Delivering Good and American Red Cross. Burlington is also the #1 National Corporate Partner and Honored Friend of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night.
- More than US Dollar 36 million has been donated over the past years to fight against blood cancer.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BURLINGTON STORES
- Burlington Stores, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BURL”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending August 3, 2019 reports total revenue of US Dollar 1,662,022 thousand.
- Total assets are US Dollar 5,046,437 thousand and net income is US Dollar 84,567 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are US Dollar 97,207 thousand and cost of sales are US Dollar 970,421 thousand.
You might also like: BLACK STONE MINERALS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BURLINGTON STORES
Buy BURLINGTON STORES stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BURLINGTON STORES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BURLINGTON STORES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BURLINGTON STORES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BURLINGTON STORES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BURLINGTON STORES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BURLINGTON STORES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BRIXMOR PROPERTY GROUP STOCKS