BUENAVENTURA (BVN) Stocks
? Buenaventura Mining Company, Inc., also known as Compañia de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A., is a precious metals company. Its portfolio includes the exploration, mining and processing of precious metal such as silver, gold, copper, zinc and lead.
? It owns a hydroelectric plant, an electric power transmission company, a processing plant, interests in several other mining companies and an engineering services consulting business.
? The company operates through several divisions – Construction and Engineering Services, Rental of Mining Concessions, Holding of Investment in Shares, Insurance Brokerage, Energy Generation and Transmission Services, Exploration and Development Activities and Industrial Activities.
? Buenaventura operates the Julcani, Mallay, Orcopampa, Uchucchacua and Breapampa mines. It also has interests in several other mining companies.
? Buenaventura Mining Company, Inc.’s headquarters is in Lima, Peru.
You might also like: BRIGHTVIEW HOLDINGS STOCKS
HISTORY OF BUENAVENTURA
- The company is founded in 1953 in Julcani, Peru. In 1956 the company starts its operations in the Recuperada mine.
- During 1975 it builds a modern flotation plant in Uchucchacua, Peru.
- In 1979 the company buys interests in El Brocal, a Zinc, Copper and Silver mine.
- In 1989 the company expands its operations to Shila-Paula.
- Buenaventura starts trading publicly on the New York Stock Exchange in 1996.
- The company buys other businesses and starts operating in new areas of Peru. In 2014 the company finishes the construction of its Huanza Hydroelectric plant.
VISION & VALUES OF BUENAVENTURA
- Buenaventura Mining Company, Inc.’s mission is to produce expert teams that works with high ethical standards of quality services and safety, respect for the environment and its communities. The company is focused on organic growth and creates opportunities to purchase mining assets across Latin America in order to create long term value for shareholders.
- Buenaventura’s vision for the future is to be the leading mining company in Latin America. Its values honesty, loyalty, respect, timely operations and a passion for work.
- In order to minimize its environmental footprint, the company recirculate 85 percent of its operational water use. It transforms 100 percent of closed liabilities into natural landscapes. A total of 778.93 hectares are replanted.
- Buenaventura works with its local community and authorities to achieve sustainable development that builds relationships, uses local procurements and services and offer local employment.
- Buenaventura’s employees are one of the company’s valuable assets. It ensures the safety of its employees and provides a healthy workplace environment.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BUENAVENTURA
- Buenaventura Mining Company, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BVN”.
- Data analysis for the company’s second quarter results for 2019 reports an EBITDA from direct operations of $ 45.7 million. C
- apital expenditures are $ 28.8 million and net income is US$ 9.7 million. Total revenues for the reported period are $ 216.1 million. Potential investors can purchase shares at an affordable price.
You might also like: BURLINGTON STORES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BUENAVENTURA
Buy BUENAVENTURA stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BUENAVENTURA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BUENAVENTURA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BUENAVENTURA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BUENAVENTURA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BUENAVENTURA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BUENAVENTURA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO STOCKS