BROWN-FORMAN CLASS B (BF.B) Stocks
? Brown-Forman Corporation Class B is one of the United States’ largest spirits and wine companies. It manufactures, imports and exports and markets these products.
The company’s brand portfolio includes numerous poplar brands such as Jack Daniel’s, Canadian Mist, Old Forester, Woodford Reserve, BenRiach, Chambord, Glenglassaugh, Finlandia, Herradura, Korbel and Early Times.
More than 40 cocktails, wine and spirits are offered. Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey is Brown-Forman’s best seller and a well-known brand.
Products are offered in more than 160 countries globally. International markets include Brazil, Australia, Mexico, Germany, France, Turkey, Russia, the United Kingdom, Canada and Poland.
Brown-Forman Corporation Class B is an S&P 500 Index component and is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky. The company employs more than 4 500 people.
You might also like: BARCLAYS STOCKS
HISTORY OF BROWN-FORMAN
- In 1870 the J.T.S Brown and Bro. is founded by George Garvin Brown. In 1890 the company is renamed Brown-Forman. In 1901 Brown buys the remaining stock after his partner dies and he incorporates the company.
- In 1957 the company buys Bols liqueurs.
- In 1960 Brown-Forman’s sales exceed US Dollar 100 million. Five years later the company buys the distribution rights to Korbel California Champagnes and Brandies.
- In 1994 the company increases its quarterly dividends. It’s the 49th consecutive year paying dividends.
- A three-for-one common stock split takes place, resulting in a price of US Dollar 0.95 per share. New brands are presented and businesses are purchased during the next few years which quickly expands the company’s portfolio.
- In 2006 the Chambord liqueur brand is bought for a price of US Dollar 255 million. Brown-Forman buys the Mexican company, Tequila Herradura, for a price of US Dollar 776 million.
VISION & VALUES OF BROWN-FORMAN
- Brown-Forman’s vision and purpose is to build a strong and growing company that shows strong, positive returns to shareholders. The company has developed core values that the business is built upon. These values are respect, teamwork, trust, and excellence.
- The company is socially and environmentally responsible. It follows sustainable practices and initiatives. Its goal to achieve Zero Waste to Landfill is for the distillery to send 99 percent of materials to be reused and recycled.
- It extends life of charcoal mellowing vats and saves cost as well as reducing sugar maple volumes.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BROWN-FORMAN
- Brown-Forman Corporation Class B trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BF.B”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending January 31, 2019 reports net sales of US Dollar 904 million and sales of US Dollar 1,181 million. Gross profit is US Dollar 571 million and operating income is US Dollar 320 million.
- Net income for this period is US Dollar 227 million. Dividends payable in the reported period are US Dollar 79 million.
You might also like: BONANZA CREEK ENERGY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BROWN-FORMAN
Buy BROWN-FORMAN stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BROWN-FORMAN Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BROWN-FORMAN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BROWN-FORMAN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BROWN-FORMAN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BROWN-FORMAN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BROWN-FORMAN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BCE STOCKS