British American Tobacco
BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO (BTI) Stocks
ABOUT BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO
British American Tobacco plc (BAT), a British multinational cigarette and tobacco manufacturing company, was founded in 1902 and has its headquarters in London in the United Kingdom. The company is the world’s second largest cigarette maker.
The company was established in 1902 through a joint venture between the U.K.’s Imperial Tobacco Company and the United States’ American Tobacco Company.
These two companies agreed to assign trademarks, export businesses and overseas subsidiaries to the joint venture. They also undertook not to trade in each other’s domestic territory.
The company is a market leader in more than 50 countries and operates in about 180 countries worldwide. Its biggest selling brands are Dunhill (U.K.) and U.S. brands Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Kent. The company also markets Rothmans and Benson & Hedges. Other brands in its portfolio include Vogue, Winfield, KOOL, Viceroy and Express 555.
Today, the company employs approximately 55 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: BLACK STONE MINERALS STOCKS
HISTORY OF BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO
- British American Tobacco plc has a primary listing on the London Stock Exhange, with secondary listings on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, the Nairobi Securities Exchange and the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange. The company is also a FTSE 100 Index.
- The company boasts an extensive portfolio of local (U.K.) brands which it markets according to geographic regions. In Bangladesh, the company sells Benson & Hedges, State Express 555 and John Players Gold Leaf. Brands sold in South Africa, for instance, include Peter Stuyvesant and Courtleigh, while the company sells Benson & Hedges, Dunhill, Kent, Pall Mall and Rothmans in Malaysia. It further markets Prince in Denmark, North State in Finland, Sweet Afton and Major in Ireland, Yava Gold in Russia, Sopianae in Hungary, Wills in India and Stradbroke in Australia, to name but a few.
- The company is also heavily involved in Grand Prix motorsport sponsorships. In 1997 the company purchased the Tyrell team for about £ 30 million. After the conclusion of the 1998 season the team was renamed as British American Racing (BAR). BAR’s technology partner, Honda, bought the team in 2005 and the team raced as the Honda Racing F1 team in2006. In 2019 McLaren and British American Tobacco signed a multi-year deal, putting the company firmly back in the Formula 1 racing circuit.
VISION & VALUES OF BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO
- British American Tobacco plc is committed to driving high performance. It values its employees and encourages entrepreneurial behavior. The company operates according to four guiding principles: an enterprising spirit, open-mindedness, strength through diversity and freedom through responsibility.
- These values underpin the company’s culture and guide its strategy. By adhering to these values in its daily operations, the company fosters trust, promotes growth and delivers value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO
- British American Tobacco plc trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BTI”.
- The company’s solid performance in the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
- For example, for fiscal 2018 the company recorded revenue of £ 24.492 billion, operating income of £ 9.313 billion and net income of £ 6.210 billion.
You might also like: BRIXMOR PROPERTY GROUP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO
Buy BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BROWN & BROWN STOCKS