BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (BSX) Stocks
ABOUT BOSTON SCIENTIFIC
? Boston Scientific Corporation (Boston Scientific), a medical devices manufacturer, was founded in 1979 and has its headquarters in Marlborough, Massachusetts, in the United States. Boston Scientific was formed as a holding company for Medi-Tech, a medical products company. The objective was to position itself for growth in interventional medicine.
The company is a manufacturer of medical devices for medical specialties, including interventional cardiology, neuromodulation, interventional radiology, peripheral interventions, neurovascular intervention, cardiac surgery, electrophysiology, vascular surgery, oncology, endoscopy, gynaecology and urology for its clients to purchase.
The company is best known for its Taxus Stent, a drug-eluting stent used to open clogged arteries. Shortly after acquiring Cameron Health in 2012, the company further cemented its innovative reputation when it invented a minimally invasive implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD), which it named the EMBLEM Subcutaneous Implantable Defribrillator (S-ICD).
The company ranked #43 out of 100 companies named in the 2019 Best Places to Work – Employee’s Choice Survey, conducted by Glassdoor, with an average score of 4.3 out of possible 5 stars. Boston Scientific’s employee ratio comprises of 43% women of whom 23% hold management positions. Today, the company employs approximately 30 000 people.
You might also like: BOOKING HOLDINGS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF BOSTON SCIENTIFIC
- Boston Scientific comprises of seven primary businesses: interventional cardiology, cardiac rhythm management, endoscopy, peripheral interventions, urology and pelvic health, neuromodulation, and electrophysiology. The company conducts its operations through three segments: Cardiovascular, Rhythm Management, and MedSurg.
- The company’s interventional cardiology division markets the SYNERGY stent, which comprises of polymer and everolimus drug coating dissipate by three months. It also markets the Promus PREMIER, Promus Element and Promus Element Plus Everolimus-Eluting Stents.
- The company’s cardiac rhythm management business manufactures and markets a number of implantable devices that monitor the heart and deliver electricity to treat cardiac abnormalities. These include the subcutaneous implantable S-ICD System and the CRT-D systems used to treat heart failure. It also markets implantable pacemaker systems.
- The electrophysiology business is tasked with the development of less-invasive medical technologies used in the diagnosis and treatment of rate and rhythm disorders of the heart. The endoscopy division manufactures devices to treat a range of medical conditions such as diseases of the digestive and pulmonary systems.
- The urology and pelvic health business manufactures and sells devices to treat urological and pelvic disorders. Products include those designed to treat urinary stone disease and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Pelvic health products include devices for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence, pelvic floor reconstruction, menorrhagia and uterine fibroids and polyps.
- It also markets the Genesys Hydro ThermAblator (HTA)) system designed to ablate the uterus lining in premenopausal women suffering from menorrhagia. The company’s neuromodulation business markets the Precision and Precision Spectra Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) systems used for chronic pain management.
VALUES OF BOSTON SCIENTIFIC
- Boston Scientific actively strives to improve by increasing diversity among its management and executives. The company’s business ethos is founded on an integrative organizational structure. The company is dedicated to transforming lives by offering cutting-edge medical solutions that improve the health of patients worldwide.
- Integrity and compassion lie at the heart of all its operations. It also supports its workforce, as well as the communities in which it operates. The company continuously strives to foster an environment in which creativity blossoms to transform new ideas into breakthrough services and products.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BOSTON SCIENTIFIC
- Boston Scientific Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BSX”. The company went public through an initial public offering in May 1992.
- Boston Scientific performs solidly in the market. In 2018, the company generated sales of USUS Dollar 9.823 billion, which represent growth of 8.6% on a reported basis.
- The company also reported GAAP earning of USUS Dollar 1.19 per share compared to USUS Dollar 0.08 in the previous fiscal cycle. Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefor expect solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: BIOGEN STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BOSTON SCIENTIFIC
Buy BOSTON SCIENTIFIC stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BOSTON SCIENTIFIC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BOSTON SCIENTIFIC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BOSTON SCIENTIFIC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BOSTON SCIENTIFIC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BOSTON SCIENTIFIC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BOSTON SCIENTIFIC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BECTON DICKINSON STOCKS