BOOKING HOLDINGS (BKNG) Stocks
ABOUT BOOKING HOLDINGS
Booking Holdings Inc. is an online travel and related services company. It operates under six primary brands: Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, OpenTable, KAYAK and Rentalcars.com.
The company offers a platform allowing customers worldwide to book travel reservations with travel service providers, accommodation reservations, airline tickets, rental cars as well as holiday packages. Its history dates back to 1997. Booking Holdings’ headquarters is in Norwalk, Connecticut and has 24 500 employees. Today it has local partners in more than 230 countries and local territories and operates in more than 40 languages.
The company’s subsidiaries include Priceline.com, KAYAK, Agoda, OpenTable, Rocket Travel, Inc., Dohop Ltd., Venga, Inc., FareHarbor Holdings, Inc. and Booking Suite (USA) Inc.
You might also like: BIOGEN STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF BOOKING HOLDINGS
- In 1997 the online travel site Priceline.com is launched. The company becomes a public company via an initial public offering in 1999. It experiments with selling services such as gasoline, home mortgages, groceries and cars but in 2000 these services are discontinued. In 2004 the company buys a majority stake in TravelWeb and enters the retail hotel business. In 2005 Priceline buys Booking.com.
- It buys Agoda.com an Asia- based leader in hotel accommodations in 2007. In 2009 Priceline is added to the S & P 500 Index.
- Priceline surpasses Expedia in 2010, becoming the world’s largest online hotel booking service. In the same year the company buys TravelJigsaw – a multinational rental car service – known as Rentalcars.com today. In 2014 the Priceline Group buys OpenTable. It is also named a Fortune “Most Admired Company” in the same year.
- Forbes names the Priceline Group as one of the Top 25 “Most Innovative Companies” in the World in 2015. In 2016 the Priceline Group is ranked by Fast Company as a “World’s Most Innovative Company”.
- In 2017 the Priceline Group is ranked #11 by Fortune in their inaugural “Future 50” list. The Priceline Group becomes Booking Holdings Inc. in 2018. In the same year Booking Holdings Inc. is ranked on Forbes’ “World’s Best Employers” list, it is also ranked #46 on Fortune’s “Future 50” list and ranked on Forbes’ “Best Employers for Women” list.
VALUES OF BOOKING HOLDINGS
- Booking Holdings Inc. wants its employees to feel valued as part of the team in a positive workplace. Diversity is the core of the company’s culture with more than 150 nationalities across its employee base throughout the world. Booking Holdings is committed to making the company one of the most gender-balanced and diverse tech companies in the world.
- The company believes in creating a stronger business and a better future by reflecting its customers and communities in its workplaces. Booking Holdings has a commitment to understanding and measuring its carbon footprint.
- In 2019 it conducts its first enterprise-wide audit of its energy use and greenhouse gas emission. The audit results will allow the company to measure the impact of its operations and help it identify priority areas that must be addressed in the next few years.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BOOKING HOLDINGS
- Booking Holdings, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE Stock Symbol “BKNG”.
- In 2018 the company’s total revenues for the 4th quarter are $3.2 billion – a 16% increase from the gross profit of $2.8 billion in 2017. The net income is $646 million at $13.86 per share.
You might also like: BECTON DICKINSON STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BOOKING HOLDINGS
Buy BOOKING HOLDINGS stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BOOKING HOLDINGS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BOOKING HOLDINGS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BOOKING HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BOOKING HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BOOKING HOLDINGS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BOOKING HOLDINGS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BAXTER INTERNATIONAL STOCKS