BOEING (BA) Stocks
The Boeing Company, a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures and markets airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites and missiles, was founded in 1916, and is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, in the United States.
The company also offers leasing and product support services. Boeing is one of the world’s leading aerospace manufacturers and one of the largest defence contractors in the world. The company was founded by William Boeing. Boeing, in its present form, is the result of the merger of Boeing with McDonnell Douglas in 1997.
Boeing is America’s largest manufacturing exporter and supplies airlines, and U.S and allied government clients in about 150 countries. Its products and services comprise commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defence systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
The company boasts a long tradition of aerospace innovation and leadership, and continues to expand its product lines and service to meet ever-evolving customer needs. Boeing creates advanced technology solutions and also arranges financing and service options for its clients.
The Boeing workforce is diverse and talented, and the company also leverages the talents of thousands more skilled people working for its suppliers worldwide.
Today, Boeing employs more than 153 000 people in the U.S, and in about 65 other countries.
You might also like: BANCO DE CHILE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF BOEING
- Boeing has four business units: Commercial Airplanes (BCA); Defense, Space & Security (BDS); Boeing Global Services (BGS); and Boeing Capital Corporation, an international provider of financing solutions, which supports these units.
- BCA develops, produces and sells commercial jet aircraft and also provides fleet support services to the global commercial airline industry. Its commercial jet aircraft includes the 747,767,777, and 787 wide-body models.
- BDS focuses on research, development, production of manned and unmanned military aircraft and weapons systems. It is also engaged in the research and development of defense and intelligence systems, such as strategic missile and defense systems, and reconnaissance, cyber and information solutions. Its products include fixed-wing military aircraft such as the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet and the F-15 Strike Eagle, to name but two. It also produces space and missile systems.
- BGS offers services to commercial and defense customers across the globe. It also supports aerospace platforms and systems with a comprehensive range of products and services.
- Boeing Capital Corporation (BCC) provides customers with financing needed to buy Boeing products and managing financing exposure. Its product portfolio comprises equipment under operating leases, finance leases, note and other receivables, and assets held for sale or re-lease and investments.
VALUES OF BOEING
- Boeing Company’s vision is to connect, explore, inspire and protect the world through cutting-edge aerospace innovation. It aspires to be the market leader in aerospace and an enduring global industrial champion.
- The company’s set of core values not only defines Boeing, but also serves as guidance towards its development into the future. The company lives these values every day. They include integrity, a quest for quality, commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion, trust and respect, corporate citizenship, and a commitment to delivering superior value to its stakeholders.
- The company values its employees, and fosters a work environment that enables all to share in the company’s success. It rewards achievements and motivates its workforce through attractive remuneration and benefits. It also rewards its investors with increasing shareholder value, and conducts business in a lawful and ethical manner.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BOEING
- Boeing Company ranked #24 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of biggest companies in the U.S. by revenue, and #64 on the 2018 Fortune Global 500 list of companies. It is also #19 on the 2018 “World’s Most Admired Companies” list. Boeing trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “BA”.
- In 2018, the company recorded revenue of US$101.127 billion and net income of US$10.460 billion, with total assets valued at US$117.359 billion. Shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, can therefore expect lucrative dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BOEING
Buy BOEING stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BOEING Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BOEING Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BOEING STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BOEING STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BOEING stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BOEING stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BANK OF MONTREAL STOCKS