Blue Apron Holdings
BLUE APRON HOLDINGS (APRN) Stocks
ABOUT BLUE APRON
Blue Apron Holdings, Inc., an American ingredient- and recipe meal kit service holding company, was incorporated on December 22, 2016 and has its headquarters in New York City, New York. The company provides recipes and fresh ingredients for home cooking.
The company sources, processes, stores and packages meal ingredients and ships them directly to consumers. As of September 2016, the company had shipped about 8 million meal servings. It operates exclusively in the U.S.
The company was established in 2012 when Matt Salzberg, Ilia Papas and Matt Wadiak began to send their clients boxes with ingredients to cook recipes.
The first 30 orders were packed and shipped from a commercial kitchen in Long Island City in August 2012.
The company launched a fulfilment centre in Richmond, California in May 2014. Its first store featuring kitchen tools and cookware, called Blue Market, was opened in November 2014, followed by another fulfilment centre in Jersey City, New Jersey, in December 2014.
The company also launched Blue Apron Wine, a direct-to-consumer wine delivery service in September 2015. The latter sends customers six 500ml bottles of wine per month. These wines, made specifically for Blue Apron, are purchased directly from the vineyard and sent directly to customers.
The company creates incredible culinary experiences for its clientele. Its consumer lifestyle brand symbolizes the emotional human connections that are established through cooking experiences.
Today, Blue Apron employs about 4 000 people.
You might also like: FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER STOCKS
HISTORY OF BLUE APRON
- Blue Apron Holdings, Inc.’s operates under two segments: Meals and Wine. The company offers original recipes with pre-portioned ingredients to complement the palates and lifestyles of college students, young couples, families and singles.
- The company also sells kitchen tools and staples through its e-commerce.
- It also markets the products of BN Ranch, a supplier of beef, poultry and lamb. The company’s e-commerce marketplace, Blue Apron Market, offers a portfolio of cooking tools, pantry items and utensils. The meal experiences offered to clients include not only the discovery of new recipes and ingredients, but cooking techniques to prepare these meals as well.
- These original recipes are accompanied by printed and digital content which include how-to instructions and the stories of suppliers. The company also sells wine that can be paired with meals.
- The company’s clientele span geographies, income brackets, ages and culinary experts. These home cooks communicate with the company through emails and social media.
- Blue Apron supplies at least 12 recipes per week for its two-person and family plans that offer a balanced mix of ingredients, cuisines and preparation times.
VISION & VALUES OF BLUE APRON
- Blue Apron Holdings, Inc.’s mission is to make scrumptious home cooking accessible to everyone.
- The company demonstrates its values and love of people through sharing its home-cooked meals. It pursues lifelong learning and invests in the things that matter most – its environments and communities.
- The company is people-focused and adheres to values such as integrity, commitment, innovation, accountability, collaborative effort and transparency.
- By sharing delicious cuisine and recipes, Blue Apron becomes part of households. This enables continuous growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BLUE APRON
- Blue Apron Holdings, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “APRN” (Class A).
- The company’s solid performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
- Its adjusted EBITDA improved US$ 25.8 million year-over-year to a profit of US$ 8.6 million in the first quarter of 2019, compared to a loss of US$ 17.2 million in the first quarter of 2018.
- This clearly demonstrates the company’s continued focus on expense management and operational efficiencies.
You might also like: ZIONS BANCORPORATION STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BLUE APRON
Buy BLUE APRON stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BLUE APRON Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BLUE APRON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BLUE APRON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BLUE APRON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BLUE APRON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BLUE APRON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : XYLEM STOCKS