Black Stone Minerals
BLACK STONE MINERALS (BSM) Stocks
ABOUT BLACK STONE MINERALS
Black Stone Minerals, L.P., an American oil and natural gas exploration company, was incorporated on September 16, 2014 and has its headquarters in Houston, Texas. The company is an owner of oil and natural gas mineral interests in the U.S.
Black Stone Minerals, L.P.’s history can be traced back to the founding of W.T. Carter & Bro., a lumber company, in 1876. Black Stone discovered the Double A Wells Field in East Texas in 1985 and began drilling oil in the late 1980s. It also purchased the land rights of the Kirby Lumber Company that was established by John Henry Kirby. In 1996, it divested from its holdings in the Double A Wells Field.
At the end of 2014, Black Stone Minerals, L.P. owned millions of interests in the Bakken/Three Forks plays, Eagle Ford Shale, Haynesville/Bossier plays, Wolfcamp play, Granite Wash play and Fayetteville Shale, as well as in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale and the Canyon Lime play that comprises 41 states.
Since 1992, the company has invested more than US$ 2 billion in several acquisitions. Although the company focuses on larger acquisitions, it also continues to pursue smaller mineral packages that contribute to establishing a foothold in an emerging play.
Today, the company employs approximately 110 people across its operations.
You might also like: BRIXMOR PROPERTY GROUP STOCKS
HISTORY OF BLACK STONE MINERALS
- Black Stone Minerals, L.P. focuses on maximizing the value of its existing portfolio of mineral and royalty assets through active management and expanding its asset base through acquisitions.
- As of the end of 2016, the company owned mineral interests comprising about 15.5 million acres, with an average of 45.7% ownership interest in that acreage. As of December 31, 2016, it also owned non-participating royalty interests in 1.5 million acres. The company’s mineral and royalty interests included ownership in 50 000 producing wells.
- Most of these interests are in active resource plays such as the Eagle Ford Shale, Wolfcamp, as well as the Haynesville/Bossier and Fayetteville Shale plays and emerging plays such as the Lower Wilcox and Canyon Lime plays.
- Black Stone Minerals, L.P.’s mineral interest comprise Louisiana-Mississippi Salt Basins, Williston Basin, Western Gulf (onshore) and Eastern Great Basin. Its non-participating royalty interests are located in the Permian Basin, Western Gulf (onshore), North-Central Montana, Bend Arch-Fort Worth Basin and the Louisiana-Mississippi Salt Basins.
VISION & VALUES OF BLACK STONE MINERALS
- Black Stone Minerals, L.P. knows that its future success is dependent upon every employee. Its workforce’s diverse skill sets and innovative thinking contributes to the company’s commitment to deliver exceptional results that add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- The company supports its employees in developing their careers. Fairness and honesty are key components of its business ethos and the company continuously evaluates new assets and navigate industry cycles to stay relevant and stimulate growth.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BLACK STONE MINERALS
- Black Stone Minerals, L.P. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BSM”.
- For the second quarter 2019, the company reported oil and natural gas revenues of US$ 127.7 million, lease bonus and other income of US$ 6.7 million, and net income of US$ 95.1 million.
- The company also acquired US$ 20.7 million in mineral and royalty assets in the Permian Basin and in East Texas for cash during this quarter. These financials afford shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: BROWN & BROWN STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BLACK STONE MINERALS
Buy BLACK STONE MINERALS stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BLACK STONE MINERALS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BLACK STONE MINERALS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BLACK STONE MINERALS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BLACK STONE MINERALS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BLACK STONE MINERALS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BLACK STONE MINERALS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BP MIDSTREAM PARTNERS LP STOCKS