BIOGEN (BIIB) Stocks
Biogen Inc. (previously known as Biogen Idec), a multinational biotechnology company, was founded in 1978 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the United States.
The company was originally established in Geneva by a number of prominent biologists, namely Kenneth Murray (University of Edenburg), Phillip Allen Sharp (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Walter Gilbert (Harvard), Heinz Schaller (University of Heidelberg), and Charles Weissmann (University of Zurich). Weissmann also contributed the company’s first product, interferon alpha.
Biogen Inc. focuses on the discovery, development, manufacturing and delivery of therapies to people with serious neurological, rare and autoimmune diseases. The company’s products up for purchase include Tecifidera, Avonex, Tysabri, Plegridy, Zinbryata, and Fampyra for multiple sclerosis (MS), Spinraza for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), and Fumaderm for the treatment of severe plague psoriasis. Biogen Inc. also collaborates with Genetech, Inc. on products such as Rituxan for the treatment of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and other conditions, as well as Gazyva for the treatment of CCL and follicular lymphoma.
Biogen Inc. employs some of the world’s best neurologists and neuroscientists. It furthers research in collaboration with physicians and scientific leaders worldwide. The company’s courage to take risks, together with its extensive scientific expertise and focus on neuroscience, makes it a leader in the development of medicines to transform neuroscience to the benefit of mankind. Biogen’s engineering capabilities offer innovative ways to seamlessly transition products from development to manufacturing, in order to bring high-quality medicines to the market faster.
Today, the company employs approximately 7 300 people worldwide.
OVERVIEW OF BIOGEN
- Biogen Inc. is an undisputed pioneer in neuroscience.
- The company’s innovative products lead the way in the treatment of rare diseases. For instance, Tecfidera, an oral therapy approved in the U.S. for the treatment of relapsing MS, has been proven to reduce disease activity, such as relapses and the development of brain lesions. It also slows the disability progression of the disease over time. Tecfidera has also been approved for use in Australia, Canada, Switzerland and the European Union.
- Plegridy is used for the treatment of relapsing forms of MS. Its dosing schedule is once every two weeks. Avonex slows the accumulation of physical disability in MS patients, and decreases the frequency of clinical exacerbations. The drug should, however, be used with caution with patients suffering from depression and other mood disorders. Adults in the U.S. suffering from relapsing forms of MS, as well as patients with active relapsing-remitting MS in the European Union, have access to Tysabri.
- Zinbryta is used in the U.S. for the treatment of relapsing forms of MS, and Fampyra improves walking in adult patients with MS. Benepali is used to treat moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis, axial spondyloarthritis, proriatic arthritis, and moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. The company’s products benefit millions of people worldwide affected by multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- The company’s products also target patients suffering from less common diseases such as spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP). The company values the contributions of health-care providers caring for those suffering from neurological diseases. It is committed to working with advocacy- and patients organizations serving the communities they represent. Biogen is committed to advancing neuroscience research programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, movement disorders, ophthalmology, and neuropsychiatry. The company also manufactures and markets biosimilars of advanced biologics.
VALUES OF BIOGEN
- Biogen Inc. cares deeply about people – its employees, clients, partners and shareholders alike. The company is passionate about navigating the challenges facing health-care systems today, and collaborates with all stakeholders to enable those in need to access its medicines.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BIOGEN
- Biogen Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BIIB”.
- The company is a NASDAQ-100, S&P 100 and S&P 500 component. The company’s steady performance on the market boosts investor confidence. For example,
in 2017 it reported earnings of USUS Dollar 2.539 billion, with annual revenue of USUS Dollar 12.274 billion, which is an increase of 7.2% over the previous fiscal cycle.
- In November 2018, Biogen’s market capitalization was valued at over USUS Dollar 63 billion. Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS BIOGEN
Buy BIOGEN stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BIOGEN Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BIOGEN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BIOGEN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BIOGEN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BIOGEN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BIOGEN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON STOCKS