BIOCON (BOM: 532523) Shares
Biocon Limited is a Bangalore-based biopharmaceutical company which manufactures generic active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). The company has a history dating back to 1978 when it was incorporated as a joint venture between Biocon Biochemicals Limited of Ireland and Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
In the following year it became the first Indian company to manufacture and export enzymes to the USA and Europe.
In 2001 the Biocon Limited received a worldwide patent to distribute its product, PlaFractor. The company significantly enhanced its portfolio in 2008 after it acquired a 70% stake in German pharmaceutical company, AxiCorp GmbH.
Today, the company’s APIs are sold in over 120 countries across the globe, including the developed markets of the United States and Europe.
OVERVIEW OF BIOCON
Biocon Limited owns one of India’s largest bio-manufacturing facilities for insulins, monoclonal antibodies and devices. The company continues to invest in its manufacturing capacities to address the growing market demand for its products. As such, the company’s insulin manufacturing and R&D facility, based in Malaysia, is the largest integrated insulin facility in Asia. The facility represents the largest foreign investment in biotechnology in Malaysia.
Biocon Limited operates a highly diversified portfolio of differentiated products. The company consistently ranks among the pharma companies in India with the highest investments in research and development.
- The company has focused on its core biotech capabilities in selecting its differentiated API portfolio, which is largely comprised of fermentation-derived molecules such as statins, orlistat, immuno-suppressants, and other speciality molecules. These are sold to third party customers who in turn formulate and sell the finished dosages in global markets including the U.S., Europe and large emerging markets.
- As one of the earliest players in the realm of biologics in India, Biocon Limited has created a rich pipeline of novel and biosimilar assets aimed at addressing local as well as global unmet medical needs associated with non-communicable diseases.
- The company has partnered its biosimilar portfolio with global generic majors, Mylan and Sandoz, to develop a portfolio for global markets. Concurrent with this, the company continues to work independently of these partnerships towards augmenting a separate biosimilar pipeline, creating varied avenues for growth.
VISION & VALUES OF BIOCON
Biocon Limited’s vision is to enhance global healthcare through innovative and affordable biopharmaceuticals for patients, partners and healthcare systems across the globe.
In order to achieve this mission, the company is focused on intellectual asset creation, the development state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities, and the ongoing training of its human resources.
- This mission is underpinned by a corporate ethos of which directs the company’s operations. These values include a focus on integrity, innovation and collaboration, in order to deliver value for the company’s stakeholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BIOCON
Biocon Limited trades on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), where investors can buy shares under stock symbol BOM: 532523.
Data from the company’s 2019 financial analysis shows consolidated revenue of Rs 1 611 crores, reflecting growth of 17% on the previous year. EBITDA recorded a strong growth of 29% over the previous year.
The company’s strong performance has allowed investors to buy or sell shares with confidence, providing sound dividends and a solid buy-in for those who choose to purchase shares in 2022 and in the future.
LATEST NEWS BIOCON
Buy BIOCON stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BIOCON Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BIOCON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BIOCON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BIOCON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BIOCON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BIOCON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?