BIDVEST (BVT) Shares
Established in 1988, Bidvest is a prominent trading, services and distribution company with a wide global presence, with large stakes in approximately 300 companies and an employment base of more than 141 000 people.
The company has a wide high-value asset portfolio, with its operations carried by three major divisions, namely Bidvest Corporate, Bidvest Industrial and Bidvest Properties. Bidvest Corporate offers corporate finance to decentralized operational divisions, as well as brand support, compliance, skills training and financial services management. Bidvest Industrial provides services and products to the automotive, commercial, electrical, financial and print industries. Lastly, Bidvest Properties offers property management and development services as well as the management of property sales on mature assets.
Bidvest has a strong international portfolio and enjoys a globally renowned reputation in the food services, broad services, trading and distribution industries. This wide portfolio has served to strengthen the company’s performance, bolstering its share price on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), where it trades under the stock symbol –BVT.
The company’s growth strategy is pillared on the maximization of its diverse portfolio under responsible stewardship, while maintaining its strong financial position while allocating capital for growth. Bidvest’s management team guides its investments by gaining an intimate understanding of the factors that impact its ability to create value, enabling the group to identify areas of material focus in order to drive its strategy to create value.
Bidvest has identified its key growth drivers as being its partnerships, product and service development, and innovation. The group’s partnerships allow it to build reliable and progressive businesses and dynamic customer relationships. Product and service development is aimed at developing solutions that fulfill its customers’ needs to ensure long-term profitability. Importantly, innovation allows Bidvest to continually work to identify products and services that will enhance quality, drive efficiency and reduce the group’s environmental impact.
You might also like: TELKOM SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF BIDVEST
- Bidvest’s diverse investments maintain a strong market presence in all the sectors in which it operates, while it continues to buy into international acquisitions in order to diversify its portfolio.
- Coupled with a sound management plan which guides the company’s investments shrewdly, Bidvest’s asset portfolio has boosted its performance with subsequent strong returns, reflected in its share price and high dividends to investors who choose to buy shares on the JSE.
- As illustrative of this success, financial data showed a 22% increase in net assets for the group in 2015 alone, while turnover grew by 25% to R114.5 billion and overall trading profits grew by 12% to R5.1 billion.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BIDVEST
- The live online stocks charts indicate that Bidvest’s share price has grown in line with its strong performance. The recent listing of the company’s new foodservices division, Bid Corporation, as a standalone entity resulted in the group’s market cap increasing by 14%, with the foodservices company growing rapidly as a global player and further enhancing Bidvest’s assets.
- Analyst forecasts show that Bidvest shares will continue to outperform the market, with a high increase recorded in the last financial period.
- All in all, the group’s wide geographical reach pillared on sound guidance of its asset management and a strong market reputation today have served to make it a valuable purchase, bringing in healthy yields for investors who choose to buy shares on the JSE in 2019 and beyond.
You might also like: SUPER GROUP SHARES
Buy BIDVEST stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BIDVEST Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BIDVEST Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BIDVEST STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BIDVEST STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BIDVEST stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BIDVEST stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : STANDARD BANK SHARES