B&G FOODS (BGS) Stocks
ABOUT B&G FOODS
? B&G Foods, Inc. was founded in 1889, and is based in Parsippany, New Jersey, in the United States.
B&G is a holding company for an extensive variety of food brands. The company was founded by the Bloch and Guggenheimer families, who were immigrants seeking a better life in America. It had humble beginnings and began by marketing pickles in the streets of Manhattan. Due to the families’ relentless focus on quality, B&G grew very quickly, and today, it is a leading global food retailer.
In October 2004, B&G Food Holdings Corporation became B&G Foods, Inc. The company produces and distributes jalapeños, maple syrup, beans, fruit spreads and other unperishable foods and household goods.
B&G has acquired a wide variety of brands over the years, such as the Maple Grove Farms of Vermont, as well as B&M Baked Beans, Ac’cent Flavor Enhancer, Las Palmas, Mexican Sauces, Joan of Arc canned ingredients beans, and Underwood meat spreads from the Pillsbury Company.
It also acquired various brands from Nabisco, such as Regina Wine Vinegar, Brer Rabbit Molasses, Wright’s Liquid Smoke, and Vermont Maid Pancake Syrup. Today, the company employs about 2 600 people at its various locations.
OVERVIEW OF B&G FOODS
- B&G Foods has developed into a major food retailer over the years. It has continuously been acquiring orphaned brands as part of its growth strategy. The company sells frozen and unperishable foods.
- Its products include frozen and canned vegetables, fruit spreads, spices, hot sauces, wine vinegar, maple syrup, bagel chips, dry soups, salsas, pickles, tomato-based products, salad dressings and nut clusters, to name but a few. These products are distributed under a wide variety of brands such as Ac’cent, B&G, Baker’s Joy, Bear Creek Country Kitchens, Brer Rabbit, Devonsheer, Don Pepino, New York Style, Old London, and many others.
- B&G markets its extensive range of products through its subsidiaries to supermarkets, mass merchants, drug-store chains, warehouse clubs, and food-service operators in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
VALUES OF B&G FOODS
- B&G Foods is committed to investing in established food brands that add value to the lives of its customers and consumers.
- The company’s mission is to provide quality products through the practice of high ethical standards in all of its operations.
- It conducts all its business based on its core values, namely passion; food quality and safety; integrity and accountability; customer and consumer focus; health and safety; collaboration, and empowerment. These values form an integral part of B&G’s comprehensive success story.
- The company encourages its employees to hone their skills and develop, and believes in the value of teamwork. It also strives at all times to be a good corporate citizen by being accountable for all its actions, and by delivering on promises.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF B&G FOODS
- B&G Foods, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “BGS”.
- During the 2018 financial year, the company’s net sales increased by 3.3% to USUS Dollar 1.700.8 million, and its adjusted EBITDA increased by 36% to USUS Dollar 397.4 million.
- These financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy and sell company stocks in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
LATEST NEWS B&G FOODS
Buy B&G FOODS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase B&G FOODS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy B&G FOODS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN B&G FOODS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE B&G FOODS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of B&G FOODS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy B&G FOODS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?