BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS (BHE) Stocks
ABOUT BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS
Benchmark Electronics, Inc., an electronic manufacturing services company, was incorporated on October 21, 1981 and has its headquarters in Tempe, Arizona in the United States. The company offers computer-related products and contract manufacturing services.
It also manufactures telecommunications equipment and medical devices. It further provides extensive precision mechanical manufacturing capabilities through Precision Technologies.
The company started out as a subsidiary of medical implant manufacturer, Intermedics. Benchmark was sold to Electronic Investors Corporation in 1986. The company operates from 24 locations in eight countries.
It has production facilities in Armelo, Netherlands; Angleton, Texas; Bangkok, Thailand; Brasov, Romania; Guadalajara, Mexico; Tijuana, Mexico; Tempe, Arizona; Penang, Malaysia; Suzhou, China; Nashua, NH; Huntsville AL and Winona & Rochester, MN.
Benchmark Electronics’ customers include Sun Microsystems, Medtronic, EMC Corporation, iRobot and Silicon Graphics, to name but a few. The company offers services to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of industrial control equipment for the aerospace and defense industries; telecommunication equipment; computers and related products for businesses, as well as medical devices and testing and instrumentation products.
Today, the company employs approximately 20 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: BRIGGS & STRATTON STOCKS
HISTORY OF BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc. conducts its operations through three primary segments: Americas, Asia and Europe. It operates in three principal areas: manufacturing and assembly operations, precision technology manufacturing and specialized engineering services. It also provides a portfolio of engineering, automation, test, manufacturing and fulfilment solutions that support its clientele’s products.
- The company’s engineering solutions and services comprise New Product Design, Prototype, Testing and Related Engineering; Solution Development, Concept and Design, and Custom Testing, and Automation Equipment Design and Build.
- Benchmark also offers industrial design, mechanical and electrical hardware, firmware and software, as well as systems integration and support. It also creates specifications, designs and prototypes, and validates and ramps its clients’ products into manufacturing.
- The company’s fulfilment solutions include a portfolio of printed circuit board assembly and test solutions. It also offers a range of flex-circuit assembly and test solutions. Systems assemblies and test capabilities include manufacturing defect analysis, in-circuit tests and functional tests to confirm that the board/assembly operates according to manufacturing specifications.
VISION & VALUES OF BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc. is passionate about creating superior value for clients, employees and shareholders. This vision defines the company’s activities and enables it to maintain a tenacious focus on excellence.
- By implementing this business model, the company ensures growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares. It continuously anticipates the needs of its clientele and strives to deliver comprehensive solutions that improve its customers’ quality of life.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS
- Benchmark Electronics, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “BHE”. The company is an S&P 600 component.
- For the second quarter 2019, the company recorded revenue of US$ 602 million and EPS of $ 0.24. Cash flow from operations was US$ 52 million and free cash flow was US$ 47 million.
- These sound financials bode well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: BUNGE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS
Buy BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BENCHMARK ELECTRONICS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : BROWN-FORMAN STOCKS