Beach Energy Shares
BEACH ENERGY (BPT) Shares
ABOUT BEACH ENERGY
Beach Energy Limited is an oil and gas exploration and production company based in Adelaide, Australia. It explores for, develops, and produces oil and natural gas in Australia, USA, Egypt, Tanzania and Papua New Guinea. It was formerly known as Beach Petroleum, but changed its name to Beach Energy in 2009.
It is a component of the S&P/ASX 100 index of major Australian companies.
Beach Energy Limited was established in 1961 by Dr. Reg Sprigg, an Australian oilman, geologist, explorer and conservationist. It became successful after some discoveries in the Cooper Basin.
Its first well was drilled at the site of what today is the Grange Golf Course, near the Adelaide metropolitan beaches, therefore the name “Beach Petroleum”.
OVERVIEW OF BEACH ENERGY
- Beach Energy Limited’s asset portfolio includes ownership interests in strategic oil and natural gas infrastructure, such as the Moomba processing facility and Otway Gas Plant, as well as a suite of high potential exploration prospects.
- Beach Energy Limited operates as Cooper Basin, Other Australia and International segments. The Cooper Basin segment includes oil and gas sales from Australian production.
- The Other Australia segment includes the company’s interest in all on-shore and off-shore production and exploration activities in Australia except the Cooper Basin.
- The International operating segment includes interests in all areas outside Australia.
- The Company sells gas and liquid hydrocarbons with gas sales contracts spread across energy retailers and industrial users in Australia.
- Its Cooper Basin includes Western Flank oil and gas operations.
VISION & VALUES OF BEACH ENERGY
- Beach Energy Limited’s goal is to operate in a safe, compliant and reliable manner and build enduring relationships and trust with local communities, partners, suppliers and governments.
- They strive to improve procedures to drive a safe, compliant and reliable operation and to ensure this the company regularly conducts workplace health risk assessments, provides onsite medical support and maintains an incident reporting system. They recognise the responsibility to respect the environment, to minimise impact and remediate areas affected by activities.
- They engage transparently with communities about operations, consulting, listening and understanding their concerns and addressing them wherever possible.
- The company contributes to regional economies by hiring locally and procuring local goods and services where possible, by paying royalties and taxes, and by investing locally with sponsorships, local infrastructure improvements and work opportunities for students.
- Beach Energy Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of both customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company are met.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BEACH ENERGY
- Beach Energy Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol BPT, listed in the Energy sector.
- Highlighted in the company’s performance as summarised in its 2019 annual income statement, is revenue of $ 2,077.70 million, net income of $ 577.30 million and 27.79%profit margin.
- Its balance sheet shows total assets of $ 3,913.90 million, total liabilities of $ 1,539.50 and debt to Assets of 0.00%.
- Due to Beach Energy Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy BEACH ENERGY stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BEACH ENERGY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BEACH ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BEACH ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BEACH ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BEACH ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BEACH ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?