BALFOUR BEATTY PLC (BBY) Shares
ABOUT BALFOUR BEATTY PLC
? Balfour Beatty plc, a multinational infrastructure -group, was founded in 1009 and has its headquarters in London in the United Kingdom.
? The company renders maintenance-, upgrade- and management services in the power transmission, utilities infrastructure, and road- and rail industries. In September 2018, Balfour Beatty was ranked as the largest construction contractor in the UK.
? The company was originally established in 1909 with investing capital of £ 50,000. Its founders were George Balfour and Andrew Beatty whom met whilst working for engineers JG White & Company. The company, at first, focussed on tramways.
? It extended its general construction expertise during World War I by building army camps.
? The company is renowned for its leading role in the construction of Scotland’s hydroelectric power system, for which it built dams, transmission lines and power stations.
? It enjoys an extensive global footprint and has managed projects in the Dolomites, Malaya and India, as well as in Argentina, Uruguay and Iraq.
? Balfour Beatty plc ’s main geographies include the UK, US and Hong Kong. Today, the company employs about 26 000 people across its global operations.
OVERVIEW OF BALFOUR BEATTY PLC
- Balfour Beatty plc conducts its operations through three primary segments: Construction Services, Support Services and Infrastructure Investments.
- Construction Services manages the physical construction of an asset. Support Services focuses on supporting existing assets, such as refurbishment and asset management.
- It manages and maintains national infrastructure. The Infrastructure Investments segment manages the acquisition operation- and disposal of infrastructure assets comprising hospitals, schools, roads, military housing, waste and biomass, offshore transmission networks and other concessions. This segment also includes a housing development business.
- The company has construction businesses in the UK and the United States.
- Some of Balfour Beatty plc’s notable recent projects include the new Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas, and the M4/M5 Managed Motorways project in Bristol, completed in 2014, as well as the Providence Tower in London, completed in 2015.
VISION & VALUES OF BALFOUR BEATTY PLC
- Balfour Beatty plc is guided by its Code of Conduct in all of its operations.
- This code is deeply rooted in a set of core values which gives its employees, clientele, partners and investors the confidence to trust the company and do business with it.
- By applying values such as integrity, accountability, honesty, respect and openness, the company is able to uphold its stellar reputation, maintain growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- The company puts a high premium on commitments and timeously resolves disputes in a manner consistent to its transparent business ethos.
- This affords investors the peace of mind that their money is in good hands.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BALFOUR BEATTY PLC
Balfour Beatty plc trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol “BBY”. It is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of £ 7.802 million, operating income of £ 205 million and net income of £ 135 million.
This solid performance affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.