BAKER HUGHES, a GE company
BAKER HUGHES a GE company (BHGE) Stocks
ABOUT BAKER HUGHES a GE company
Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) is a global industrial service company and one of the world’s biggest oil-field services companies. The company is 50.4% owned by General Electric Company and 49.6% publicly traded. Its headquarters is situated in Houston, Texas in the United States. BHGE’s history can be traced back to 1908, to the founding of the Hughes Tool Company by business partners Walter Benona Sharp and Howard R. Hughes, Sr.
BHGE provides the oil and gas industry with products and services for oil drilling, formation evaluation, completion, production and reservoir consulting. The company is a fusion of a variety of companies that have developed and introduced technology to the petroleum service industry. Since the early 1900s, Baker Hughes has acquired a number of oilfield pioneers such as Brown Oil Tools, CTC, EDECO, and Elder Oil Tools (completions); Milchem and Newpark (drilling fluids); EXLOG (mud logging); Telco (measurement while drilling), and Tri-State and Wilson (fishing tools and services), to name but a few.
BHGE focuses on enhancing productivity across the oil and gas value chain. It assists its clientele to acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint, and at lower cost per barrel. The company is backed by the industrial strength of GE, which enables it to deploy machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk by applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own. BHGE operates in more than 120 countries.
Today, BHGE employs approximately 66 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: BAIN CAPITAL SPECIALITY FINANCE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF BAKER HUGHES a GE company
- Baker Hughes, a GE company acquisition of numerous companies over the years, enables it to provide a more extensive range of services to its clientele. These companies were grouped into specialised divisions, according to their areas of oilfield service expertise.
- These business segments include Drilling, Evaluation & Fluids; Completion, Production and Chemicals; Pressure Pumping, and Reservoir Development Services.
- Drilling, Evaluation & Fluids comprise of companies such as Hughes Christensen, Baker Atlas, Baker Hughes Drilling Fluids and Baker Hughes INTEQ. Baker Oil Tools, Baker Petrolite, Centrilift and BJ Services Company fall under the Completion, Production and Chemicals segment.
- The Drilling, Evaluation & Fluid division covers drill-bit systems, wireline operations, surface logging systems and drilling fluids. The Completion, Production and Chemicals segment supplies services such as sand control and wellbore construction. The Pressure Pumping segment is responsible for coil-tubing services, tubular services and pressure pumping, whilst Reservoir Development Services provides reservoir management consultancy.
VALUES OF BAKER HUGHES a GE company
- Baker Hughes, a GE company operates on a set of core values which it regards as a basis for establishing a common company culture.
- Its key to success comprises four priorities that guide all the company’s decision-making processes and operations. These include engaging people to work together towards a common goal, deliver value to customers and shareholders, operate in a cost-efficient manner, and utilise resources effectively.
- Values by which the company approach its operations include integrity, teamwork, performance and personal development. The company’s strength lies in its employees and their expertise, and BHGE fosters a work environment in which people can grow and hone their skills.
- The company conducts its business in an environmentally sustainable manner, and values the communities in which it operates.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF BAKER HUGHES a GE company
- Baker Hughes, a GE company, trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “BHGE”.
- The company’s steady performance on the market, affords its shareholders the confidence to buy and sell BHGE stock in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
- For the twelve months, ending March 31, 2019, the company recorded revenue of US$23.093 billion, an 18.34% increase year-over year. Its total assets for the same period were US$52.439 billion.
You might also like: BABCOCK STOCKS
LATEST NEWS BAKER HUGHES a GE company
Buy BAKER HUGHES a GE company stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase BAKER HUGHES a GE company Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy BAKER HUGHES a GE company Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN BAKER HUGHES a GE company STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE BAKER HUGHES a GE company STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of BAKER HUGHES a GE company stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy BAKER HUGHES a GE company stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : B&G FOODS STOCKS