AVX (AVX) Stocks
? AVX Corporation, an American manufacturer of electronic components, was founded in 1972. The company’s headquarters is situated in Fountain Inn, South Carolina, where it is the largest industrial employer.
? AVX, a subsidiary of Kyocera Electronics Corporation, operates in the United States, Europe and Asia. It is a leading global producer and supplier of an extensive portfolio of cutting-edge passive components such as capacitators, inductors, filters, resistors, diodes and circuit protection devices. It also offers a wide range of innovative sensor, control, and interconnect solutions.
? AVX has 26 research, manufacturing and customer support facilities across 14 countries. The company offers competitive advantages, such as delivery and production capabilities to suit its customers just-in-time inventory needs. Its global engineering teams are also experienced in the development of new market product solutions, tailor-made to customers’ individual application requirements.
? The company’s markets include automotive, industrial, medical, military, consumer electronics, communications and transportation. AVX also assists with the development of new safety, engine control, infotainment, and chassis-control technologies in the automotive industry.
? AVX has an extensive portfolio of patents, and continuously invests in research and development. It strives to expand the company’s strong technology base through innovative cutting-edge product solutions. Today, AVX employs approximately 15 000 people across all its operations.
You might also like: AVISTA STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AVX
- AVX has a stellar reputation of excellent service to a wide range of industries, which it has steadily built over the past few decades.
- The Passive Components unit of the company sells electrical components for automotive braking, cell phones, copiers, hearing aids, and locomotives. AVX’s KED Resale unit sells Kyocera products and ceramic and tantalum capacitators.
- Some of the company’s esteemed customers include Motorola, Nokia and Robe Bosch GmbH, to name but a few.
- AVX products also supports a variety of green technologies, designed to conserve existing energy resources and create affordable electronic systems that can effectively harness renewable energy sources such as wind, solar and hydroelectric power. These products are the result of decades of in-depth research and development by the company.
VALUES OF AVX
- AVX Corporation’s mission is to be the partner-of-choice for passive components, sensors, antennas, control modules and interconnect solutions in the electronic industry.
- The company has a strong focus on continuous improvement, and consistently strives to exceed customer expectations. It works ceaselessly to create a zero-defect culture, and to provide quality products to its wide clientele. AVX encourages participation, promotion and accountability among all its employees and
third parties, through open communication and the promotion of education and training opportunities.
- The company’s operations are based on business ethics such as honesty, respect and responsibility. AVX also complies with all the laws and regulations in its specific field of business at all times.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AVX
- AVX Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AVX”.
- The company’s sound financials encourages investment.
- In 2018, AVX reported revenue of US$1.56 billion, with net income of US$4.91 million. Shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, can do so in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: AVERY DENNISON STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AVX
Buy AVX stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AVX Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AVX Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AVX STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AVX STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AVX stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AVX stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AVAYA STOCKS