AVON PRODUCTS (AVP) Stocks
ABOUT AVON PRODUCTS
? Avon Products, Inc. (known as Avon), with its headquarters in London in the United Kingdom, boasts a long and colourful history. David H. McConnell founded Avon in 1886 as a direct selling company in the beauty, household and personal care categories.
Avon is the fifth largest beauty company – and second largest direct-selling enterprise – in the world. The company sells beauty and fashion products, as well as home goods. Its beauty business comprises colour cosmetics, perfume, skin care and personal care. Its fashion segment consists of jewellery, watches, footwear and children’s products. Household products include gifts and decorations, houseware, entertainment and leisure items, as well as children’s and nutritional products.
Avon Products, Inc. distributes its products in more than 100 countries through a network of trained sales representatives and direct selling operations. Its largest market is Brazil, followed by the United States. The company expanded into the Chinese market in 1990. Although direct selling in China was outlawed in 1998, Avon continued its operations through stores called Beauty Boutiques.
The ban was, however, lifted in 2001, and Avon was granted a license for direct selling in 2006. Today, the company employs approximately 25 000 people.
You might also like: AXA EQUITABLE HOLDINGS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF AVON PRODUCTS
- Avon Products Inc. calls on households in approximately 100 countries. The company’s products are also distributed in 42 other countries. Its biggest cosmetics market is Latin America, which accounts for more than half of sales. Other markets include Russia, China, the United Kingdom and Germany.
- Avon markets its products primarily through sales representatives whom it recruits through personal contact, recommendation from current representatives, and local-market advertising. Avon assists its reps through promotion and sales-development activities. The company also utilizes television and print advertising platforms to promote itself.
- Some of the company’s brand names include Avon, Avon Naturals, and Skin-So-Soft. Avon has approximately between five- and six million sales representatives in more than 100 countries worldwide. These micro-entrepreneurs offer the company’s global customers trusted advice and products to enable them to express their individuality.
- Most of the company’s revenue comes from its overseas markets.
VALUES OF AVON PRODUCTS
- Avon Products, Inc. is passionate about giving women the opportunity to take responsibility for their lives and provide for their families.
- The company’s mission and vision serve as motivation for all of its employees and representatives. Avon values traits such as integrity, respect, trust, humility and honesty, and all of its operations are people-centred.
- The company is also heavily involved in philanthropic causes. The Avon Foundation for Women is dedicated to women’s causes globally. It also donates towards breast cancer research and care. The company further contributes towards Voilence Against Women campaigns. Avon aims to accelerate progress, accountability and research in these cause areas.
- The company regards its inspiring community as the driving force behind its success over the past 130 years, and will continue to champion women causes.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AVON PRODUCTS
- Avon Products, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “AVP”
- The company boasts a solid history of continuous good performance. In 2018, it reported operating income of USUS Dollar 235.2 million, with total assets valued at USUS Dollar 3.01 billion.
- Shareholders who buy and sell Avon shares can do so in the confidence of sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: AVX STOCKS
LATEST NEWS AVON PRODUCTS
Buy AVON PRODUCTS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AVON PRODUCTS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AVON PRODUCTS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AVON PRODUCTS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AVON PRODUCTS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AVON PRODUCTS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AVON PRODUCTS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : AVISTA STOCKS