AURIZON HOLDINGS (AZJ) Shares
ABOUT AURIZON HOLDINGS
Aurizon Holdings Limited is the largest and publicly listed rail freight company in Australia.
Formerly owned by the Government of Queensland, its assets were transferred to a new company, QR National Limited, in 2010 in preparation for being floated on the Australian Securities Exchange. QR National was rebranded to Aurizon Holdings Limited in December 2012.
QR National was established in the 2004 to operate freight services in Queensland and around Australia.
The Company provides coal, bulk and general freight haulage services, operating on the central Queensland coal network and including track maintenance and workshop support functions. The company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia.
OVERVIEW OF AURIZON HOLDINGS
- Aurizon Holdings Limited is an integrated heavy haul freight railway operator and transporter of coal from mine to port for export markets and general freight businesses.
- It operates through network, coal, iron ore, freight and unallocated segments. The Network segment provides access, operation and management of the Central Queensland Coal Network. The coal segment transports coal from mines in Queensland and New South Wales to end customers and ports.
- The iron ore segment transports iron ore from mines in Western Australia to ports.
- The freight segment transports bulk mineral commodities, agricultural products, mining and industrial inputs and general freight and the unallocated segment handles items of revenue and expense of a corporate nature and minor operations within the company.
- The company has between 5 000 and 10 000 employees.
VISION & VALUES OF AURIZON HOLDINGS
- Aurizon Holdings Limited believes that their job isn’t just about transporting but about providing for employees and transforming the communities where they work.
- They value the safety of everybody, honest and fair business done along the highest ethical standards and deliver results with energy and conviction. They strive to deliver world class performance and superior value for shareholders, customers and staff.
- They believe in building a creative, diverse and collaborative workplace where people know what they are accountable to and can count on having available what they need to succeed.
- Aurizon Holdings Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of both customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company are met.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF AURIZON HOLDINGS
- Aurizon Holdings Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol AZJ, listed in the Industrials sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance, as per its 2019 annual report include EBIT of US Dollar 829 million for the year (2018: US Dollar 941 million). The board declared a final dividend of 12.4 cents per share, representing 100% of continuing underlying NPAT for the fourth consecutive year.
- The final dividend will be 70% franked and take the full year dividend to 23.8 cents per share.
- Total Group capital expenditure for 2019 was US Dollar 495 million, in line with guidance. Free cash flow improved 10% to US Dollar 735 million and return on invested capital in 2019 is 9.7%, 1.2ppt lower than the previous year.
- Due to Aurizon Holdings Limited’s continued good performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy AURIZON HOLDINGS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase AURIZON HOLDINGS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy AURIZON HOLDINGS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN AURIZON HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE AURIZON HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of AURIZON HOLDINGS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy AURIZON HOLDINGS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?